Help
Customer
6 Posts

Tickets by User

Ticket By jensrenner1980 28 Nov 2017, 13:18

Description:
I recently upgraded from Kick Starter 2.0.1 to Premium 2.1.

When I open an existing one-to-one chat on the Smartphone, everytime I touch the screen older messages keep coming in causing the chat to scroll up to earlier messages. This is very distracting and renders the mobile chat unusable on the smartphone.

I can reproduce this behaviour using Google Chrome 62.0 and Mozilla Firefox 57.0 on my Android smartphone. This problem has been confirmed by other users of my site.

It does not happen on my desktop PC with Chrome in mobile emulation mode though. Only the last 20 messages are shown then.

Component:
Mobile Chat

ArrowChat Version:
2.1.x
Customer
6 Posts

Ticket By jensrenner1980 28 Nov 2017, 13:36

I tried to make a short video of the reported behaviour but the file upload does not seem to work ...
Customer
6 Posts

Ticket By jensrenner1980 29 Nov 2017, 11:52

I uploaded a video: https://youtu.be/Yqs8rRtS3ZU
Please have a look at the scroll bar. While scrolling down it suddenly jumps up and loads older messages.
Customer
6 Posts

Ticket By jensrenner1980 29 Nov 2017, 13:25

I disabled the touchmove event in mobile_core.js which prevents dynamic loading of the chat history. It makes the mobile chat usable at least.
Customer
0 Posts

Ticket By IArdelean 07 Apr 2018, 22:19

The same has been reported by a member of my forum, on Android. Every time they open a one-on-one chat, the chat automatically starts scrolling up, to older messages. I have version 2.0.2 of Arrowchat.
Customer
0 Posts

Ticket By IArdelean 07 Apr 2018, 22:56

Update: After asking 2 more members if they are facing the issue, they both confirmed they do, but both thought it was on their end. One said they are now using an ad blocking browser in order to prevent the chat from auto scrolling.
Customer
6 Posts

Ticket By jensrenner1980 02 Nov 2018, 08:08

You may want to replace your public/mobile/includes/js/mobile_core.js with my modified one:
https://www.dehnsucht.info/arrowchat/pu ... le_core.js
(Please backup the original file!)
At least the "jumping" should be gone. Tested with AC 2.1.x and 2.2.

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "Fix in progress" to "Fix completed"
Action performed by Jason » 18 Apr 2020, 13:52

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "Pending" to "Fix in progress"
Action performed by Jason » 15 Jan 2020, 15:11

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "New" to "Pending"
Action performed by Jason » 10 Jan 2018, 13:42