Help
Customer
6 Posts

Tickets by User

Ticket By Wosullivan 19 May 2020, 15:29

Description:
hello,
have noticed an issue for only some users which i cannot recreate.....i have asked our server engineer who has suggested i make a report to you.....for some users the chat does not show......if navigated to by direct link, the container loads, but not the chats.....

i have a couple screen shots, but i see you still do not allow images uploaded to here....

does this make any kind of sense to you?

we tried every test we can think of from php versions to device and browser test etc....nothing seems to fix it....not sure what to even try by now.....

nothing arrowchat related in any of the logs.....stuck a bit....

dev tool errors for the effected members are like,
-invalid/unexpected token
-push engine not defined (although we have it set to serve from our own server and have not changed anything since the upgrade)
-err unknown url scheme

thank you...really stuck with this one, dont even have a guess what to try...

Component:
Chat Rooms

ArrowChat Version:
3.0.x
Customer
6 Posts

Ticket By Wosullivan 22 May 2020, 01:07

looking into this more.....we were able to verify the effected member can use the chat by logging other accts....so it isnt server or browser related it would seem.....

what is odd is that this seem to happen all the sudden and not after any changes/upgrades....

the other problem is that its actually the main admin/owner who cant get it to work....

any ideas? very strange this one....
ArrowChat Team
2144 Posts

Ticket By Jason 06 Jun 2020, 14:44

We'll need your site URL and the login information for an affected user in order to diagnose. It won't be possible to see what's going on unless we can reproduce it.
ArrowChat Team
2144 Posts

Ticket By Jason 24 Jun 2020, 16:46

This could be related to unescaped JavaScript, which we have fixed. Closing as there is no other information to support another reason for this.

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "Awaiting information" to "Unreproducable"
Action performed by Jason » 24 Jun 2020, 16:46

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "New" to "Awaiting information"
Action performed by Jason » 06 Jun 2020, 14:44