Help
Customer
74 Posts

Tickets by User

Ticket By zoxtrix 11 Jun 2020, 08:17

Description:
An iOS user brought the following issue to my attention yesterday. After a fairly long private chat session with someone, the user's message history for the particular session on the mobile interface became jumbled and from that point forward remained out of chronological order. I viewed her screenshot, which confirmed that the older messages were at the bottom. I've been unable to duplicate this issue on android.

Component:
Mobile Chat

ArrowChat Version:
3.0.x
Customer
2329 Posts

Ticket By Jason 24 Jun 2020, 17:18

This is something we'll need more precise steps on how to reproduce this. When exactly did the problem occur? Was it after doing a certain action?
Customer
74 Posts

Ticket By zoxtrix 07 Jul 2020, 08:34

Sorry for the delayed response. This issue occurred during a rather lengthy chat session between myself and another user. She in fact sent me some screenshots that clearly showed the timestamps had become out of order. We had been chatting for probably 2 hours or so when it occurred.
Customer
74 Posts

Ticket By zoxtrix 28 Dec 2020, 07:17

This issue still occurs. However, it only seems to happen during chat sessions with long message histories. Several individuals to whom I've been chatting have reported experiencing the jumbled messages. In each case, an iPhone has been involved (i.e., they were using an iPhone during at least part of our chat session). This jumbling of message histories tends to happen when a chat participant moves from the desktop AC client to the mobile AC client if the mobile AC client is running on iOS. The behavior may be tied to moving back and forth between the two clients - not entirely sure though. I do not recall this message order disruption happening to me under similar circumstances with Android (i.e., from moving between the desktop AC client and my Android mobile device). I should probably run some dedicated tests to confirm or deny whether it ever happens.

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "Awaiting information" to "Fix in progress"
Action performed by Jason » 15 Aug 2022, 16:48

Status Change

Changed ticket status from "New" to "Awaiting information"
Action performed by Jason » 24 Jun 2020, 17:18