Help
Discuss anything you want here
chaos4eva
Customer

by chaos4eva 20 Dec 2021, 05:03

Anyone know of a quick fix to make chat messages show in order they were sent.

This is already the case for receiving messages but sent is not necessarily in order.

Problem is I run trivia events and this causes issues with people saying there answer is before someone else.

Any ideas anyone?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 20 Dec 2021, 17:25

They already are in the order they are sent. A refresh of the page would show the correct order if someone got out of sync.

It's not really good for trivia, though, because it's only ordered on a per-second basis. If they are sent at the same second, it defaults to some other random field (I forget which one).
chaos4eva
Customer

by chaos4eva 05 Aug 2022, 15:01

So I found that its not the order that is causing the issue but rather the message being sent.

So if you have answers coming in and you send your answer, your bubble shows instantly and sometimes shows in an order that appears out of sync.

If your message sent actually positioned based on time rather that just appearing as the default last message on your screen it would then be in the correct order.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 06 Aug 2022, 08:23

Yeah, I noticed this in v4 testing. What is happening is that the server is processing newer requests first when lots of messages are sent at once (sometimes). Currently looking into options on how to fix this.