Help
Discuss or request ArrowChat modifications
ugftest
Free

by ugftest 08 Feb 2015, 15:47

Hi

I have been testing arrowchat and it's awesome - well done and good work!! Before buying, I have some pre-purchase questions.

I want to use Arrowchat with Buddypress and Paid Membership Pro plugin (PMP) on a WP site.

The user will sign up for a membership account (e.g. level 1, 2 or 3) and I would like to restrict certain arrowchat functions according to the level membership level purchased.

So, for example, level 1 user will have access to chat. Level 2 user will have access to chat and video and level 3 would have access to all functions including file transfer.

My questions;

1) How can I test for PMP user level in arrowchat? The code provided by Paid Membership Pro plugin is this: http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/docum ... -function/

Code: Select all
<!--?php 
   if(pmpro_hasMembershipLevel('12'))
   {
   ?-->
   //Place your HTML or PHP code here if the user is in the required membership level
   <!--?php
   }
?-->

2) So where would I add this code in Arrowchat??

3) If I make this code change to Arrowchat files - is there a "best practice" to avoid the app breaking when updating the core? E.g. does arrowchat have a "child theme" equivelent?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
JRogers
Customer

by JRogers 07 Jul 2016, 06:50

Does anyone know where this code (access restriciton) goes?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 07 Jul 2016, 13:05

JRogers wrote:Does anyone know where this code (access restriciton) goes?

This is no longer required as ArrowChat has group permissions built-in. You'll need to edit the includes/integration.php file if your integration does not have group permissions already setup.
ribfit
Free

by ribfit 18 Jan 2017, 11:56

Jason wrote:
JRogers wrote:Does anyone know where this code (access restriciton) goes?

This is no longer required as ArrowChat has group permissions built-in. You'll need to edit the includes/integration.php file if your integration does not have group permissions already setup.

After searching a frustrating day i finally have found the only FREE solution for paid membership pro.
Thinking by the look of your answer it would be simple turns out not to be for non coders like me. The problem is that membership levels are not user roles so obviously they wont show up in your admin panel. When you google its hard to find a solution. Cant even remember how i end up at this plugin.But i have found the plugin that automatically add your membership_level (paidmembershipPRO) as a user role. Here is the link to the plugin.

https://github.com/strangerstudios/pmpro-roles
1 install
2 activate
3 arrowchat admin panel
4.group permissions now you can select your membership_levels and edit them.

yay! Finally a easy working chat solution you can monetize. Now you can have free plans and membership_levels with restricted live chat capabilities.

Thought let me post this and save some others the frustrations
cheers.