Help
Discuss or request ArrowChat modifications
pennystockobserv
Customer

by pennystockobserv 29 Jul 2015, 10:59

We dont want to use the bar because we would like for it to be a private room on a page. I would like to know what it would take to add the features on the bar to the embed code. seems only logical that we should be able to use the apps in the embed mode as well.

Private chat should be an option thats outside of the bar personally. i purchased this because it was supposed to be better then comet chat, just wondering if those features are available.
fortrefuge
Customer

by fortrefuge 06 Aug 2015, 04:55

im working on the same exact thing and agree that the popout chat (the one you embed) isn't functional as it is, on its own, without the bar. for example - you can block users in chatroom, but you cant unblock them lol, that option is in the bar only.

doesn't look like it's possible to add all these options to popout chat, but you can modify your site page where the chatroom is embedded. amateur-level php, nothing fancy. im still polishing things, but so far i got all the features except the number/list of users in each room, which should be doable too, just didn't get to it yet.

i like it better than cometchat because arrowchat allows me to edit the code, so i can get it to do whatever i want it to do, the only limit is my skill level and determination. it's more work, but the result pays off. the only feature cometchat has that arrowchat doesn't and i wish it did is the ability for users to select their font color. it's not a useless personalization, it helps users keep track of who said what, in a busy room. we had it before and it's pretty disorienting now, tbh.

ps: i just want to explain why do i need embedded chatroom and no bar, in case adding the functionality could be considered for the future arrowchat versions:

we use chatrooms for group discussions of pre-set topics: moderated, facilitated, hosted. only 1 room out of 7 is used as a social hangout. apps, games, etc are irrelevant for us, we have them elsewhere. one on one chat is relevant for 3 usergroups (out of 17 total), used sporadically (10-20 entries per week), and only while both users are in chatroom as well. so the bar is completely useless for us and is seen by users as an annoying distraction at best, and a breach of privacy at worst. when i was considering buying arrowchat and showed the demo to a few of our users, 100% of them responded "if you install this thing, im outta here" as soon as they saw the bar, and refused to look at anything else.
Worthy
Customer

by Worthy 25 May 2017, 12:14

If you did what I did -- I set up the embed chat room -- but I removed the toolbar footer script just from those pages from the embedded rooms -- so you have a straight chat room without the toolbar. Then on pages without the embed -- I have the footer toolbar.

So you log into the forums -- you have the footer script running. Then on the Embed pages -- create the page with the footer code removed -- and the embedded chat room works just fine. This way you eliminate the double private message issue when talking in private on the embedded chat room.

This was a suitable fix for me and I've customized Arrow almost perfectly now!