Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Jason
ArrowChat Team

by Jason 15 Jun 2020, 17:19

I wanted to provide a quick update on our current priorities and where we intend to take ArrowChat over the next year. We have a lot of things planned and some of these features are already in development.

Priority 1
  • Update the Web Interface UI - This will be a drastic change. The new UI is completely different from what you see today. Our main goal is to bring the interface up to today's standards.
  • Vanilla JavaScript - We will be removing the need for jQuery completely. This includes a complete code rewrite with a focus on object-oriented programming.
Priority 2
  • Provide a Cloud Service - ArrowChat will be able to be used without any hosted files. Don't worry, we have no intention on removing the self-hosted product ever.
  • Full API - You'll be able to tap into an extensive PHP and JavaScript API for building your own custom functions.
Priority 3
  • Native Mobile App Guide - After we've updated all the code, we'll be providing a guide to compile ArrowChat into your own app on the app store.
This just scratches the surface and provides a general overview of where we're going from here. We have a lot of plans beyond this.

We can't wait to share the future updates with you.
Tripp
Customer

by Tripp 17 Jun 2020, 03:39

I will admit, I am excited to see what comes out. My heart momentarily stopped when I saw the cloud service and I thought - like another service that will go unnamed - that this was going to be forced so that you could charge $1,999 (A MONTH) for the same service that I'm already getting, self hosted for around $20 a year. But I am rest assured by your stance on not removing self-hosted as an option "Ever".
Jason
ArrowChat Team

by Jason 17 Jun 2020, 13:31

I will admit, I am excited to see what comes out. My heart momentarily stopped when I saw the cloud service and I thought - like another service that will go unnamed - that this was going to be forced so that you could charge $1,999 (A MONTH) for the same service that I'm already getting, self hosted for around $20 a year. But I am rest assured by your stance on not removing self-hosted as an option "Ever".
The goal here is two main products:

ArrowChat Cloud
- For beginners, a plug-and-play solution that makes installation quick and easy.

ArrowChat Self-Hosted
- For Intermediate users, a product with UI kits. Pretty much exactly what you see today.
- For advanced users, a full API. We provide the API and you develop the UI.

By nature, the cloud service has to have a monthly fee. Also by nature, the self-hosted service will remain a one-time fee.
Goose
Customer

by Goose 18 Jun 2020, 14:13

I wanted to provide a quick update on our current priorities and where we intend to take ArrowChat over the next year. We have a lot of things planned and some of these features are already in development.

Priority 1
  • Update the Web Interface UI - This will be a drastic change. The new UI is completely different from what you see today. Our main goal is to bring the interface up to today's standards.
  • Vanilla JavaScript - We will be removing the need for jQuery completely. This includes a complete code rewrite with a focus on object-oriented programming.
Priority 2
  • Provide a Cloud Service - ArrowChat will be able to be used without any hosted files. Don't worry, we have no intention on removing the self-hosted product ever.
  • Full API - You'll be able to tap into an extensive PHP and JavaScript API for building your own custom functions.
Priority 3
  • Native Mobile App Guide - After we've updated all the code, we'll be providing a guide to compile ArrowChat into your own app on the app store.
This just scratches the surface and provides a general overview of where we're going from here. We have a lot of plans beyond this.

We can't wait to share the future updates with you.
*Priority 1: bugfix 3.0.4

thanks!
Jason
ArrowChat Team

by Jason 18 Jun 2020, 22:52

*Priority 1: bugfix 3.0.4

thanks!
Wrong place. Please see tracker.php?p=1
convexchange
Customer

by convexchange 16 Jul 2020, 09:55

Timeline?
jackal
Customer

by jackal 16 Aug 2020, 16:55

In plain english what does this mean?
"Provide a Cloud Service - ArrowChat will be able to be used without any hosted files."
Jason
ArrowChat Team

by Jason 17 Aug 2020, 11:19

In plain english what does this mean?
"Provide a Cloud Service - ArrowChat will be able to be used without any hosted files."
You put one line of HTML code on your website and ArrowChat is installed.