Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
jj15asmr
Customer

by jj15asmr 09 Jul 2022, 18:53

Yes. Announcements are fully intact, and I was actually thinking about ways to improve them. Any suggestions?
Hmm... off the top of my head, I can mainly think of my suggestion I posted a few months ago, which was for allowing multiple announcements to be made, without having to overwrite the previous one. The user will see the most newest one and can click the 'history' button to view the past ones like they can with notifications.

Another idea could be the ability to add variables in the announcement, such as their username (for other variables, the admin could define them via the admin panel according to their users' table) as it could help make them more 'personalized'. You could even use the variables to add display conditions if separate announcements were made possible, but that might be getting too complicated.

And while I don't use them, the ability to target them to different groups could be useful to some. Also, the ability to edit the announcement after posting without 'resetting' it for everyone would be great!

Well, that's pretty much what I could think of for now, but, do as you wish and see fit for AC :)
Jason
Customer

by Jason 09 Jul 2022, 20:03

Hmm... off the top of my head, I can mainly think of my suggestion I posted a few months ago, which was for allowing multiple announcements to be made, without having to overwrite the previous one. The user will see the most newest one and can click the 'history' button to view the past ones like they can with notifications.

Another idea could be the ability to add variables in the announcement, such as their username (for other variables, the admin could define them via the admin panel according to their users' table) as it could help make them more 'personalized'. You could even use the variables to add display conditions if separate announcements were made possible, but that might be getting too complicated.

And while I don't use them, the ability to target them to different groups could be useful to some. Also, the ability to edit the announcement after posting without 'resetting' it for everyone would be great!

Well, that's pretty much what I could think of for now, but, do as you wish and see fit for AC :)
Having an announcement history is a good idea but would require a substantial rewrite. I'm afraid that the time implementing that would be better spent elsewhere.

Everything else is definitely doable and I expect to see much of that implemented.

I didn't even realize that mobile/popout doesn't support announcements. That will be fixed.
jj15asmr
Customer

by jj15asmr 10 Jul 2022, 05:14

Having an announcement history is a good idea but would require a substantial rewrite. I'm afraid that the time implementing that would be better spent elsewhere.

Everything else is definitely doable and I expect to see much of that implemented.

I didn't even realize that mobile/popout doesn't support announcements. That will be fixed.
Understandable. I guess in my case, once v4.0 rolls around, I could try to modify that for myself.

Thanks for all of your continued hard work!
jackal
Customer

by jackal 10 Jul 2022, 15:39

Will video chat be available in the chatrooms (instead of just private chat rooms)?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 12 Jul 2022, 04:53

Will video chat be available in the chatrooms (instead of just private chat rooms)?
Not sure on that one yet.

I am moving across the country, so development will sadly stop for about a week or so. I was hoping to get the beta on arrowchat.com before I left, but it's sadly not quite ready yet. Very close!
jackal
Customer

by jackal 13 Jul 2022, 05:55

Not sure on that one yet.

I am moving across the country, so development will sadly stop for about a week or so. I was hoping to get the beta on arrowchat.com before I left, but it's sadly not quite ready yet. Very close!
Since you're so close, you will have to wait a week or so (or more) to move across this beautiful country.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 13 Jul 2022, 05:57

Since you're so close, you will have to wait a week or so (or more) to move across this beautiful country.
🤣 I wish!
Melanie
Customer

by Melanie 24 Jul 2022, 09:01

How long do you think it will be now? Do you want any beta testers as I am up for it :D
Jason
Customer

by Jason 24 Jul 2022, 18:47

There was a small delay in the move so the release will subsequently be delayed. I’d estimate one month or less. 2-3 weeks is very possible if all goes well.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 10 Aug 2022, 16:01

Update!

Finishing up mobile chat and then I'll put it on arrowchat.com for testing. After that, I'll be updating our website with all the new relevant information. I'll fix any issues you all might find and then put it up for download as a beta.
Ignacia
Customer

by Ignacia 11 Aug 2022, 18:31

Update!

Finishing up mobile chat and then I'll put it on arrowchat.com for testing. After that, I'll be updating our website with all the new relevant information. I'll fix any issues you all might find and then put it up for download as a beta.
You should put it in to the "Demo" area for than the users can enjoy a complete panorama of the new version of arrowchat, included the admin area.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 15 Aug 2022, 13:57

...and we're up and running! Check out v4 at the bottom now.

Feel free to post bugs, comments, suggestions, praise, etc. in this thread. Don't use the bug tracker for now.
Ignacia
Customer

by Ignacia 15 Aug 2022, 19:18

...and we're up and running! Check out v4 at the bottom now.

Feel free to post bugs, comments, suggestions, praise, etc. in this thread. Don't use the bug tracker for now.
We can't suggest prices or any other stuff until we can have access to the demo's admin area, our use of the software is esentialy inthe back-end zone, so if you want a real opinion we ned have access to the backend area. Wherever, great work with the new look ob the front-end presentation.
Fonzi
Customer

by Fonzi 15 Aug 2022, 22:56

will facebook be the new style?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 15 Aug 2022, 23:04

will facebook be the new style?
What you see is the default theme it will ship with. After all the bugs are ironed out, I'll make a couple other themes.
Fonzi
Customer

by Fonzi 16 Aug 2022, 10:13

Thanks,
and you add these functions
stefano1989
Customer

by stefano1989 17 Aug 2022, 16:32

When can I download the code to install on site?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 17 Aug 2022, 16:46

When can I download the code to install on site?
About a week. I'm still noticing things here and there that I'm fixing.
jj15asmr
Customer

by jj15asmr 18 Aug 2022, 14:49

I have one minor suggestion which would be to add about 10-15px of margin to the top and bottom of the "Users Online" and "Chat Rooms" tab just to give things a bit more room. Besides that, looking forward to the BETA download!
Jason
Customer

by Jason 18 Aug 2022, 20:27

I have one minor suggestion which would be to add about 10-15px of margin to the top and bottom of the "Users Online" and "Chat Rooms" tab just to give things a bit more room. Besides that, looking forward to the BETA download!
I'm wondering what they look like on your computer because there is definitely ample space already. Adding even 5px would make it too large. What's your browser and device?

Edit: Nevermind. I think I know what you mean. I'll give it a try and see how it looks.