Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Jason
Customer

by Jason 10 Jul 2012, 18:32

Post your problems and feedback related to v1.5.5 here.

Please read and follow the upgrade instructions carefully before posting for help
CBrugger
Customer

by CBrugger 10 Jul 2012, 20:16

This looks like a great release so far! Our 2 biggest bugs were addressed, so that is much appreciated.
coloc01
Customer

by coloc01 11 Jul 2012, 03:48

where is the 'pop out chat room' option ?
Martok
Customer

by Martok 11 Jul 2012, 07:20

coloc01 wrote:where is the 'pop out chat room' option ?

Yes I was looking for that too as I'm sure it appeared in the original release notes?

Looking again and it's not mentioned (removed at the last minute?)

Shame as the users on my website were really looking forward to this feature.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 11 Jul 2012, 08:50

The functionality is there but the icon was removed due to some technical difficulties. We'll be putting it back in soon.

http://www.yoursite.com/arrowchat/chatroom/?id= CHATROOM ID
coloc01
Customer

by coloc01 11 Jul 2012, 09:15

Jason wrote:

The functionality is there but the icon was removed due to some technical difficulties. We'll be putting it back in soon.

http://www.yoursite.com/arrowchat/chatroom/?id= CHATROOM ID

ok
Martok
Customer

by Martok 12 Jul 2012, 10:10

1.5.5 appears to have brought some logging in & logging out caching issues in the admin panel.

After logging in, if I later click on the Overview tab it then shows me the login screen again even though I've logged in. ctrl+F5 force refreshing resolves this.

Similarly logging out, when I click on the logout link it just refreshes the page and shows me the Overview screen, even when doing this repeatedly. ctrl+F5 force refreshing resolves this.

I've tested this in both Chrome and Firefox latest versions. I've also cleared cookies and browser histories on both before testing again and still get the same issue.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 12 Jul 2012, 10:25

Martok wrote:1.5.5 appears to have brought some logging in & logging out caching issues in the admin panel.

After logging in, if I later click on the Overview tab it then shows me the login screen again even though I've logged in. ctrl+F5 force refreshing resolves this.

Similarly logging out, when I click on the logout link it just refreshes the page and shows me the Overview screen, even when doing this repeatedly. ctrl+F5 force refreshing resolves this.

I've tested this in both Chrome and Firefox latest versions. I've also cleared cookies and browser histories on both before testing again and still get the same issue.

I noticed this too. I'll find a fix today.
coloc01
Customer

by coloc01 15 Jul 2012, 09:01

Martok wrote:1.5.5 appears to have brought some logging in & logging out caching issues in the admin panel.

I got this problem when i click the applications menu.
Martok
Customer

by Martok 16 Jul 2012, 02:21

Following the hotfix today, I've had another test of the embedded chatrooms.

I've accessed the chatroom via http://wwwmywebsite.com/arrowchat/public/chatroom/?id=1 and it all seemed to work well. Then I discovered a rather concerning issue. I have Arrowchat set up so that guests cannot chat (in fact, they also cannot see the Arrowchat bar). However by visiting the above URL as a guest, although I could not see any logged in users in the room and cannot see any conversations going on in there, as a guest I can type in some chat and this is seen by logged in users.

Obviously guests should not be able to post chat messages when guest access is disabled, so this needs looking into.
coloc01
Customer

by coloc01 16 Jul 2012, 06:42

i replaced the 4 files and now the chat doesn't work :s
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jul 2012, 09:29

coloc01 wrote:i replaced the 4 files and now the chat doesn't work :s

I'll need your site URL and login to take a look.
coloc01
Customer

by coloc01 16 Jul 2012, 14:21

Jason wrote:
coloc01 wrote:i replaced the 4 files and now the chat doesn't work :s

I'll need your site URL and login to take a look.

too late i reinstalled it completely
liftedjesse
Customer

by liftedjesse 16 Jul 2012, 21:27

I'm using Arrowchat on Wordpress and it seems as though the "Disable Applications Menu" option isn't working.

After checking the box and saving changes, the page refreshes and the box isn't checked.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jul 2012, 21:35

liftedjesse wrote:I'm using Arrowchat on Wordpress and it seems as though the "Disable Applications Menu" option isn't working.

After checking the box and saving changes, the page refreshes and the box isn't checked.

Follow the upgrade instructions exactly. Sounds like you did not run the upgrade folder. Either that or this is an admin cache issue that was fixed in the hotfix.
coloc01
Customer

by coloc01 17 Jul 2012, 01:16

Jason wrote:
liftedjesse wrote:I'm using Arrowchat on Wordpress and it seems as though the "Disable Applications Menu" option isn't working.

Follow the upgrade instructions exactly. Sounds like you did not run the upgrade folder. Either that or this is an admin cache issue that was fixed in the hotfix.

got this problem too even after hotfix, i ran the upgrade folder and now it works :) but why would i run upgrade folder whereas it's a first install.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 17 Jul 2012, 12:35

coloc01 wrote:got this problem too even after hotfix, i ran the upgrade folder and now it works :) but why would i run upgrade folder whereas it's a first install.

Oops, we forgot to add the database value for this in the install. I just hotfixed it in. If you've already installed, running the upgrade folder will fix it.

arrowchat/install/includes/db_initial_values.php
arrowchat/admin/system.php
Jason
Customer

by Jason 17 Jul 2012, 13:24

Martok wrote:Following the hotfix today, I've had another test of the embedded chatrooms.

I've accessed the chatroom via http://wwwmywebsite.com/arrowchat/public/chatroom/?id=1 and it all seemed to work well. Then I discovered a rather concerning issue. I have Arrowchat set up so that guests cannot chat (in fact, they also cannot see the Arrowchat bar). However by visiting the above URL as a guest, although I could not see any logged in users in the room and cannot see any conversations going on in there, as a guest I can type in some chat and this is seen by logged in users.

Obviously guests should not be able to post chat messages when guest access is disabled, so this needs looking into.

Will be fixing this in a patch today.
liftedjesse
Customer

by liftedjesse 18 Jul 2012, 19:52

Thx for your work Jason, your responsiveness and support does not go unnoticed :)

I have a few things I'd like to see in the next version:

1. Being able to click on a user and private message them directly from an embedded chatroom.

2. Have the option to hide the "online users" or "Chat (#)" tab, but still be able to private message on the chatbar.

Essentially, I'm trying to set up my site to that you can only private message users that are present in the embedded chatrooms.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 18 Jul 2012, 21:06

liftedjesse wrote:Thx for your work Jason, your responsiveness and support does not go unnoticed :)

I have a few things I'd like to see in the next version:

1. Being able to click on a user and private message them directly from an embedded chatroom.

2. Have the option to hide the "online users" or "Chat (#)" tab, but still be able to private message on the chatbar.

Essentially, I'm trying to set up my site to that you can only private message users that are present in the embedded chatrooms.

The reason private messaging is disabled in the embedded chat room is that you would need to have the ArrowChat bar running in order for this to work. The embed is designed to work on pages where ArrowChat is not even across the bottom, so the private message feature would produce errors.

You could actually hide the buddy list tab right now. I really don't see us ever including this feature unless their is mass support for it because ArrowChat is centered around 1-on-1 chat. Simply add this to your CSS:

Code: Select all
#arrowchat_buddy_list_tab{display:none !important}

Hopefully there are no unintended consequences with that.