Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Jason
Customer

by Jason 07 Mar 2010, 11:16

AJain wrote:Jason, it's really been a long wait now. What is the update, when would we have 'arrowchat' released.

Very soon.
racersimage

by racersimage 07 Mar 2010, 13:20

Jason wrote:
AJain wrote:Jason, it's really been a long wait now. What is the update, when would we have 'arrowchat' released.

Very soon.

Hope so!!! Looking forward to it but it was very soon a month ago!
ISOURANAKIS
Customer

by ISOURANAKIS 07 Mar 2010, 14:23

all the topics are closed now??? what happened you guys..still no release? it is coming a joke
racersimage

by racersimage 07 Mar 2010, 19:02

ISOURANAKIS wrote:all the topics are closed now??? what happened you guys..still no release? it is coming a joke

I'm just afraid that it ended up being harder than they thought it would be to code this and that it'll be awhile before they figure out each integration for the installation process.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 07 Mar 2010, 23:25

racersimage wrote:
ISOURANAKIS wrote:all the topics are closed now??? what happened you guys..still no release? it is coming a joke

I'm just afraid that it ended up being harder than they thought it would be to code this and that it'll be awhile before they figure out each integration for the installation process.

No, we already have a lot of people talking about nulled versions and it's not even out yet. I guess that's flattering. ;)

Anyway, we want to give them as hard of a time as possible so that is the last thing for us to do before the download is available.
jerome
Customer

by jerome 07 Mar 2010, 23:40

Jason wrote:
racersimage wrote:

No, we already have a lot of people talking about nulled versions and it's not even out yet. I guess that's flattering. ;)

Anyway, we want to give them as hard of a time as possible so that is the last thing for us to do before the download is available.

Yeap saw that too, they were actually waiting as well lol. I saw in one forum they said its going to be release feb 18, but again its moved. You better put whatever encryption your script needed, i dont mind about it..just dont touch those files that can customize the look of the chat.

Anyways I just hope the wait is worth and if possible hehe roll out the 0.2 version very very very ( like 3 days after lol) soon after this, coz frankly i wont use your script unless it does have the chatroom in it (w/ some features like avatar, ban etc). :lol:
MCorrigan
Customer

by MCorrigan 08 Mar 2010, 08:36

What other methods are there for attempting to combat nullification without code obfuscation? I am looking forward to have the source be open enough that I can rewrite the PHP files and add functionality to core parts of the chat bar.
minipelos
Customer

by minipelos 08 Mar 2010, 12:08

maybe fake nulled editions with obfuscated calls to arrowchat team...? (i think this maybe not too legal) or easy to find with google or similar?

code obfuscation is only time to read and deobfuscate :(
it's not easy to develope an application with visible source code and protect it against null..

maybe something like... "user installs arrowchat. arrowchat install wizard ask user account (arrowchat.com) and downloads their license on server, generated from arrowchat website on the fly..."

not an easy thing to combat

(sorry, my english is so poor.... :P)
deth4uall
Customer

by deth4uall 08 Mar 2010, 12:19

Everything these days can be cracked or nulled, its a sad fact but its true... I had a nulled copy of 1.1cometchat before I ended up buying v1.5 or what ever it is now lol... It would be interesting to see a function where upon install it grabs files off of the ArrowChat systems and "alters" to a fully functioning system on your server with the preinstalled license... :)
qberty
Customer

by qberty 08 Mar 2010, 13:30

deth4uall wrote:Everything these days can be cracked or nulled, its a sad fact but its true... I had a nulled copy of 1.1cometchat before I ended up buying v1.5 or what ever it is now lol... It would be interesting to see a function where upon install it grabs files off of the ArrowChat systems and "alters" to a fully functioning system on your server with the preinstalled license... :)

Thats usually how its done to prevent piracy, well usually, how I do my software.. it fitting it with user account activation. Like for example making the admin login to his account thats used for arrowchat account that has purchased the script. Main problem with scripts, is that their source can be read no matter the encryption.. the more encryption you put, the longer the decryption process is.
ISOURANAKIS
Customer

by ISOURANAKIS 09 Mar 2010, 13:18

lol.... we just speaking in the air for sth we expecting from 26 February... disapointing status.... soon very soon is sth i see written from january... i dont know but i think this will take for ever
Flignats
Customer

by Flignats 10 Mar 2010, 09:29

Well, the package was complete yesterday ---- any reason why its still not available?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 10 Mar 2010, 13:14

Flignats wrote:Well, the package was complete yesterday ---- any reason why its still not available?

We're still working on the download process and documentation.
amitjaio252
Customer

by amitjaio252 11 Mar 2010, 09:20

Hi Jason! It is like an endless wait, arrow chat is much awaited. When do you plan to release it now....

In one of the thread you did talk about giving out something to customers (who pre ordered) for this delay, wht is the plan. For me i just want fully functional arrow chat rolled out asap.
Pauley
Customer

by Pauley 11 Mar 2010, 09:28

How many times can this be asked and answered.
racersimage

by racersimage 11 Mar 2010, 09:38

I'm guessing we'll have it by February 5th.

qberty
Customer

by qberty 11 Mar 2010, 10:00

racersimage wrote:I'm guessing we'll have it by February 5th.

LOL c'mon, cut them some slack. They wanted to give us something better then cometchat, they thought it would have been done a couple of times, their own judgement should not effect their own absence of talent. You see the demo, it works. You see the forum is slowing being populated with content, that's good. This are slowly getting there... slowly.. but still, lol @ 2011
agiles2303
Customer

by agiles2303 11 Mar 2010, 10:46

In case no one has noticed, Jason has gone through all of the "Technical Help" Categories and posted the posting rules. They are preparing the website for product roll-out, after all that is how we get support from fellow ArrowChat customers. The rules posting is a good sign, I made a post earlier criticizing the team, but that was merely because they specifically promised a date, and then another, and then another. I have no problem with the "you'll get it soon" release date, to me that shows more concern for us (the customer) than anything else. They even mentioned some sort of compensation for our time, no matter how large or small that compensation is, it is a good business gesture. Just my two cents.
Flignats
Customer

by Flignats 11 Mar 2010, 12:07

I would really like to see, for the people that pre-ordered, a discount on the branded free version. I agree with agiles, if it had remained coming soon, then it woudl be a different story and I still would have purchased the script. But, the fact is that several dates were given out for its release and it went way overboard. Even more so that the full version will not be rolled out at first - so it goes beyond when .1 gets released.

As a business person, I would appreciate the acknowledgement of error in judgement with upgrade to the branded free version for the people that have stayed loyal in the preorder ;)
amitjaio252
Customer

by amitjaio252 11 Mar 2010, 12:25

+ 1

Free upgrade to Branded Free Version. It would pacify us as would be a good compensation for the inconvinience caused to customers with pre orders due to the delay.