Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
outbax
Customer

by outbax 11 Mar 2010, 21:13

Looks like they are nearly there. If you click on the download link in the Members Area you now get a message saying that it will be released in the next 24 hours. Fingers crossed this is the case. ;)
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 12 Mar 2010, 01:44

outbax wrote:Looks like they are nearly there. If you click on the download link in the Members Area you now get a message saying that it will be released in the next 24 hours. Fingers crossed this is the case. ;)

Looks promising! :cheesygrin:
JCrivello
Customer

by JCrivello 12 Mar 2010, 06:42

CAlchin wrote:I'm really hyped up for the release now, the suspense is killing me to when it'll be released but I know it'll be a perfect addition to my site and a perfect replacement for cometchat. I tend to check the site daily or very frequently when I'm bored, and there has been a fair bit of movement here as it's prepared for the mass distribution of v0.1 - It was a mistake for arrowchat to mislead a little with the possible release dates but as I prefer it I'd rather wait for a quality product than a rushed patched job. By the sounds of it, Jason has invested with a team of people and spent hours of his own time creating a cometchat killer.

Even the simplest of scripts takes me hours to work out so I dread to imagine what time has been invested so far into such a product as arrowchat. I personally don't think arrowchat have to offer any form of compensation, and feel that if they were to offer a free branding upgrade they could loose out on a fair bit of potential revenue to help pay for the programming time put into the script. From a gesture of goodwill possibly arrowchat could offer future discounts on arrowchat features scripted by the team that will eventually appear in the store, or extend the support.

Hopefully in due time once the download of the script appears active the general mood of disappointment will disappear from the forum - roll on to the download! :-)

CALchin, I'm equally anxious for the release of Arrowchat for use on one of my new sites, but may I ask you a question? Why are you so anxious to replace Cometchat? Have you had some bad experience with it? I use it on several client site with thousands of users and the members really like it quite a bit. I think Arrowchat looks more promising in the long run, but what is it about Arrowchat that you think will make it a Cometchat killer rather than just another good chat alternative solution? Some technical reason? Aesthetics? Features? Just curious if I should be buying more arrowchat licenses to replace several other cometchat implementations that seem to be working great.

Cheers
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 12 Mar 2010, 07:22

I personally have given cometchat a fair run for it's money, and I've not been 100% satisfied with it. With regards to cometchat the system, it works fairly well and is robust. I have noticed minor issues with the server load but nothing that causes concern (though I can only speak for myself). For a product that costs a fair bit the only support you get is something you would expect from an opensource project and solely relies on other customers to show the way (unless you open a ticket which in the past has proved to be useless and slow). For example, it took several weeks for a solution to display all online users rather than friends or foes for phpbb users and the answer came from a customer not the cometchat team, they ignored the topic and tickets :shock:

To tweak cometchat aesthetically you really need a good knowledge of javascript however it was being sold in a sense change wouldn't be too difficult through the CSS, and I find it lacks the basics such as a more in depth admin control panel with statistics etc...

cometchat has been the best chat solution so far, there's is nothing out there which compares. From being a customer at cometchatmods I know the work Jason put into it and he offered fantastic support for which I can't fault. Whenever I log into the cometchat forums I notice topics are deleted or censored, and certain members are banned for no reason (*cough*). Although it's early days I'd rather place my trust into arrowchat where I know the support and product features will be there (or eventually put in place).

Just my two cent's, and no doubt other customers may have different views...
JBurgett
Customer

by JBurgett 12 Mar 2010, 08:31

Cometchat doesn't work on larger sites because of it's massive memory imprint, which is why I'm looking to arrowchat to solve this problem.
CBooth
Customer

by CBooth 12 Mar 2010, 19:15

CC did not work with my IE6 users... OK I know... IE6 is old - but...
When you are dealing with corporate networks - you are at the mirsey (sp?) of the base load for "approved" software...

So... No matter the debate, I needed CC working with IE6 (which they advertised it would) but it never did.....
amitjaio252
Customer

by amitjaio252 30 Mar 2010, 10:27

I was a cometchat customer and specifically moved to arrowchat by paying a huge amount because of the features showcased on site. It's really been very long now, when would this wait gonna end.

Keeping in mind our business and value of money paid we request you to please share time lines for the release of undermentioned features -

Applications Integration
Site Notifications (Jomsocial)
Search Online Friends
Animations
Idle Users
Hide Chat
User is typing
Popout chat
chatroom feature

We need them asap please, seems everyone on the site had got silent not sure why.
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 30 Mar 2010, 17:02

Hopefully the development of arrowchat has got back on track. I'm just wondering when the next update will be, I think this is why it's gone quiet here as 90% of the questions relate to release dates; there's only a certain amount of times this can be asked :lol: ;)
MBenjaminsen
Customer

by MBenjaminsen 15 Apr 2010, 00:05

is there a new version coming soon ? This product is useless with vbulletin until the album issues are fixed. And the members are starting to complain about the waiting time.
MBenjaminsen
Customer

by MBenjaminsen 15 Apr 2010, 00:18

sorry just saw the new posting with the quick fix for this :) thanks
outbax
Customer

by outbax 15 Apr 2010, 19:25

Any rough idea yet when 0.2 will be released as I can't use Arrowchat until it has the chat room feature - seems to be an eternal wait. Keep checking everyday which is driving me insane, so just an idea of which month would be good at this point. :)
mmlr38
Customer

by mmlr38 18 Apr 2010, 14:07

MBenjaminsen wrote:is there a new version coming soon ? This product is useless with vbulletin until the album issues are fixed. And the members are starting to complain about the waiting time.

I'm having the same issue. I need a fix ASAP for JomSocial photo uploads.
Flignats
Customer

by Flignats 27 Apr 2010, 07:20

Any update guys? Some integral components of Arrow chat are missing + I am not sure how the support will work since it has been a long time since the .1 release. I believe all of our support will be reactivate once V1 comes out, correct?
jerome
Customer

by jerome 29 Apr 2010, 16:12

saw your recent twit jason, please make it tomorrow if possible :) . very much anticipated, especially the chatroom.
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 30 Apr 2010, 04:46

Thumbs up on the last tweet. Will this also fix the forefox issue of not receiving messages until the browser is refreshed? And plus one (+1) on the chatroom comment ;)
JWiesel
Customer

by JWiesel 30 Apr 2010, 15:13

Waiting forward to be able to install it on my buddypress!
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 07 Nov 2012, 12:40

This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.