Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Chris
Customer

by Chris 23 Mar 2010, 15:15

Our CEO & Founder, Jason, was admitted to the hospital at approximately 12pm PST today. At this time, we cannot announce anything further regarding his condition.

We are a very small team, so losing Jason (the brains behind ArrowChat) is a huge setback for support and development.

We will have further information on this as soon as possible.

Get well soon, Jason!

Update 1: Jason was discharged from the hospital. It is still unknown when he will be able to return to work.

Update 2: Jason has given me the okay to share his condition with the ArrowChat community. He was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy). It paralyzes one side of your face for up to 6 months or in rare cases can be permanent, but it usually goes away within 1-2 weeks. He has told me it is quite difficult for him to work because of his blurred vision due to artificial tears because he cannot blink. However, he expects to return to work within a few days (today is March, 24). We'll provide another update when he returns.

Update 3: Jason has returned to work!
Vinco
Customer

by Vinco 23 Mar 2010, 15:23

Wow, I hope he's okay! Let us know what's wrong as soon as you know! :(
deth4uall
Customer

by deth4uall 23 Mar 2010, 15:59

May the gods give him a speedy recovery!

-Rev. Alfonso E Martinez, III
High Priest of the Temple of Everlasting Night
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 23 Mar 2010, 16:52

This isn't good, I hope Jason is ok and it's nothing too serious. :/
Chris
Customer

by Chris 23 Mar 2010, 20:43

Jason was discharged from the hospital. It is still unknown when he will be able to return to work.
jerome
Customer

by jerome 23 Mar 2010, 20:47

What happened? Good gracious that he got discharged. I hope he gets well soon, tell him to rest himself first, i just surely hope that when he gets back everything will be back to normal. Regards to him. :)
deth4uall
Customer

by deth4uall 24 Mar 2010, 00:06

I bet he was thinking about arrow chat the whole time... :) He sounds like that type of guy lol...
EAleixandre
Customer

by EAleixandre 24 Mar 2010, 09:51

Holy smokes! What happened to him? Hope he's doing OK.
Chris
Customer

by Chris 24 Mar 2010, 20:18

Jason has given me the okay to share his condition with the ArrowChat community. He was diagnosed with Bell's Palsy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell's_palsy). It paralyzes one side of your face for up to 6 months or in rare cases can be permanent, but it usually goes away within 1-2 weeks. He has told me it is quite difficult for him to work because of his blurred vision due to artificial tears because he cannot blink. However, he expects to return to work within a few days.
jerome
Customer

by jerome 24 Mar 2010, 21:01

I feel bad about his condition, i hope he recovers soon. Did he assigned someone to take over his place at the moment? We truly understand his situation, but as your customers we also wanted to know your plans or roadmap without his presence. Its expected to have him here within the next few days but we can never know the exact day.

So are we going to expect any updates within the next few days? How is the development going so far? Has any of the features for the upcoming version of 0.2 or 0.3 been implemented? I hope you guys are not taking it the other way, we are just concern about our business too. I've announced about the features of v1.0 to my members long before the first expected release and the wait is taking longer than expected. Anyways all the best regards to Jason, i hope Arrowchat will be back to normal.
Chris
Customer

by Chris 24 Mar 2010, 21:09

jerome wrote:I feel bad about his condition, i hope he recovers soon. Did he assigned someone to take over his place at the moment? We truly understand his situation, but as your customers we also wanted to know your plans or roadmap without his presence. Its expected to have him here within the next few days but we can never know the exact day.

So are we going to expect any updates within the next few days? How is the development going so far? Has any of the features for the upcoming version of 0.2 or 0.3 been implemented? I hope you guys are not taking it the other way, we are just concern about our business too. I've announced about the features of v1.0 to my members long before the first expected release and the wait is taking longer than expected. Anyways all the best regards to Jason, i hope Arrowchat will be back to normal.

Give him a few days, he just got out of the hospital. ;)

I think you'll be pleased with ArrowChat's progression as soon as he returns.
MBenjaminsen
Customer

by MBenjaminsen 24 Mar 2010, 21:13

Have a friend who had just the same. Nothing dangerous and usually normalize within a short time. My friend got it after an party i had here during wintertime, where we was sitting in my outdoor bath. He got it because of the temperature differences and he probably got some windy drafts/blowing on his face while he sat there. Anyways, the next day half his face was paralyzed, but went to work a few days later. He got some medicaments to drop in his eyes because of his tear channels.

Best Wishes to you Jason. Get well soon
jerome
Customer

by jerome 24 Mar 2010, 21:34

Chris wrote:Give him a few days, he just got out of the hospital. ;)

I think you'll be pleased with ArrowChat's progression as soon as he returns.

oh ok thanks, all the best to Jason and the team. Keep us updated though, at least it will put our worries at bay. :D
SFitzgerald
Customer

by SFitzgerald 25 Mar 2010, 06:42

Well I am glad hes ok , and getting back to his regular self ... sometimes life throws us a curve and I am glad he is doing good ...

Now fix my bug ,
Where is my chat room
Hurry up back ...
need new themes now !!!

LOLOLOL Joking of course - good speed Jason
agiles2303
Customer

by agiles2303 25 Mar 2010, 09:40

Just from a customer stand point, are we all still to be operating under a "Caution Flag" until further notice, or is there an estimated timeline? A day, a few, a week, a month, 1 day to 1 month?

I'm not posting this to flame or be irate, I'm extremely understanding of the situation, just want an idea of what to expect is all.

I started a topic in the "Talk" forum giving my best wishes to Jason, so like I said, I'm not asking him to do anything he can't handle or would cause him further discomfort. Just simply looking for some sort of, "Hey we are hoping to be operating smoothly again in...." I visit this site at least 5-10 times a day looking to see if there has been any movement on development since I am so anxious for the next installment.

I'd like to just know, "Ok, well they won't be operating again for x time period, you don't need to be so addicted to waiting for the next release."

Anyway, again, best of wishes to Jason.
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 25 Mar 2010, 15:40

Well glad things are looking on the more positive side of things being out of hospital. Hope Jason makes a speedy recovery and all. :)
Jason
Customer

by Jason 26 Mar 2010, 11:32

Thank you for all your prayers and wishes, and yes, I was thinking about ArrowChat the whole time. ;)

Back to releasing the next update!
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 07 Nov 2012, 12:40

This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.