Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Jason
Customer

by Jason 17 Dec 2016, 19:05

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions with the new v2.0 update.
stefano1989
Customer

by stefano1989 20 Dec 2016, 08:34

I remember reading you guys were trying to get this update out before the 25th.... is that still happening?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 20 Dec 2016, 10:43

stefano1989 wrote:I remember reading you guys were trying to get this update out before the 25th.... is that still happening?

December 27th!
CBowers
Customer

by CBowers 20 Dec 2016, 17:05

With the new UI, can we lock down the admin folder with .htaccess?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 22 Dec 2016, 14:45

CBowers wrote:With the new UI, can we lock down the admin folder with .htaccess?

The integration file still links to an image in the admin folder.

Just cleaned this thread up. Keep it to v2.0 comments only, please. Suggestions and technical support not related to v2.0 should go in their respective forums.
Kirbeh
Customer

by Kirbeh 24 Dec 2016, 06:58

Nice, nice nice! I cannot wait for the 2.0 update! Looks beautiful!

And I like the gif integration as well.
elynx
Customer

by elynx 29 Dec 2016, 00:52

Really ? You want us to update you ?
Everytime we put some comment, it looks like you don't care about feedback and improvement.
So what is the objective of 2.0:
1. Only your self assessment of improvement list ?
2. A real addition of customers feedback and real improvement (with "read" notifications, server consumption issues, ...).

Since i purchased, i have been posting in this forum because of bugs and serious server issues caused by arrowchat. No answer. Since then, the licence expired and so what? I have to pay again 170$ with the certitude nothing is really improved to tackle the issues?

I mean you product is good but to climb to the skies, you'll really need to listen to your customers, this is the basics of business.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 29 Dec 2016, 01:23

elynx wrote:Really ? You want us to update you ?
Everytime we put some comment, it looks like you don't care about feedback and improvement.
So what is the objective of 2.0:
1. Only your self assessment of improvement list ?
2. A real addition of customers feedback and real improvement (with "read" notifications, server consumption issues, ...).

Since i purchased, i have been posting in this forum because of bugs and serious server issues caused by arrowchat. No answer. Since then, the licence expired and so what? I have to pay again 170$ with the certitude nothing is really improved to tackle the issues?

I mean you product is good but to climb to the skies, you'll really need to listen to your customers, this is the basics of business.

You certainly wouldn't have to pay $170 as it's only $20 to get software updates.

We absolutely do listen to our customers. It was very important for us to add all of the most requested features in version 2.0. Those were the following:

1. File and photo support on mobile devices along with a overall better mobile experience
2. Multiple tab synchronization without the push service
3. Multi-chat room support
4. Emoji support
5. Remove flash

Again, those were by far the most requested features. I'm sorry to hear that your specific problems or concerns weren't addressed, but hopefully they will be in the next update. It's hard to please everyone, but we do try!
elynx
Customer

by elynx 29 Dec 2016, 06:54

Thanks for the answer but ... my issues are not specific. they are in many posts.
CBowers
Customer

by CBowers 31 Dec 2016, 08:33

Hi, I run a small gaming website and each section would have its own chat room. Now the old style would let you load up a room with out needing to change it. Currently when the pop out loads up when clicked on it loads top 3 default rooms. Did you remove option to have the pop out room I picked to load up change? It also used to load a number at the end of the chat rooms so I could pick what room I would like to have it linked too and load that pop out room up as the default.

game room a --> pop out chat room (loads what room I would tell it too)
game room b --> pop out chat room (loads what room I would tell it too)
PRosenberg
Customer

by PRosenberg 02 Feb 2017, 00:45

Your mobile one is missing a lot of features. If I am viewing the desktop site I should have the FULL desktop bar and if I am viewing my mobile site I should have the mobile bar. Please let me choose which one to show and when and not force it on my users. 2.0 is better for desktop, but my users are not happy with mobile.
elynx
Customer

by elynx 01 Apr 2017, 06:21

PRosenberg wrote:Your mobile one is missing a lot of features. If I am viewing the desktop site I should have the FULL desktop bar and if I am viewing my mobile site I should have the mobile bar. Please let me choose which one to show and when and not force it on my users. 2.0 is better for desktop, but my users are not happy with mobile.

I agree with this statement.

+ Mobile would be OK if no issue, but a big issue is still there which makes 30% of users unhappy because they can't see messages from people which are not in their mobile chat buddy list.
The mobile tab shows new unread messages, but when entering the mobile app, impossible to see the unread message if the sender is not already in mobile buddy list.
Please communicate on this ! It has been months without answer. What is that support guys ?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 01 Apr 2017, 08:58

elynx wrote:
PRosenberg wrote:Your mobile one is missing a lot of features. If I am viewing the desktop site I should have the FULL desktop bar and if I am viewing my mobile site I should have the mobile bar. Please let me choose which one to show and when and not force it on my users. 2.0 is better for desktop, but my users are not happy with mobile.

I agree with this statement.

+ Mobile would be OK if no issue, but a big issue is still there which makes 30% of users unhappy because they can't see messages from people which are not in their mobile chat buddy list.
The mobile tab shows new unread messages, but when entering the mobile app, impossible to see the unread message if the sender is not already in mobile buddy list.
Please communicate on this ! It has been months without answer. What is that support guys ?

A patch is coming soon.
Death
Customer

by Death 01 May 2017, 09:28

Jason wrote:A patch is coming soon.

I hope that includes a fix to the broken avatars for IPB (report)