Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
GDe Bortoli
Customer

by GDe Bortoli 16 Jan 2011, 08:10

all worki8ng fine for me, except SE4 integration. I used my own builded and work like a charm.

Multilanguage Jason?
ArrowFan
Customer

by ArrowFan 16 Jan 2011, 09:07

Jason wrote:
ArrowFan wrote:Thanks. I was also wondering if its possible for group audio chats, sort of like ventrilo or skype?

Sure, you could do that, but you'd have to copy and paste the room URL to everyone that you want to chat with.

I guess I'm confused as to what you mean here.

EDIT: I figured it out!
Last edited by ArrowFan on 16 Jan 2011, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.
MYoung
Customer

by MYoung 16 Jan 2011, 09:15

GDe Bortoli wrote:all worki8ng fine for me, except SE4 integration. I used my own builded and work like a charm.

Multilanguage Jason?

How did you get this to install on SE4...my chat bar won't show up
MYoung
Customer

by MYoung 16 Jan 2011, 09:26

MYoung wrote:
GDe Bortoli wrote:all worki8ng fine for me, except SE4 integration. I used my own builded and work like a charm.

Multilanguage Jason?

Nevermind figured it out. Thanks
GDe Bortoli
Customer

by GDe Bortoli 16 Jan 2011, 09:42

MYoung wrote:
MYoung wrote:

Multilanguage Jason?

Nevermind figured it out. Thanks

edit the file /includes/function_receive.php at top about, function to get user : replace code with this :

Code: Select all
function getUserID() {
   $userid = 0;

if (!empty($_COOKIE['PHPSESSID'])) {
      $sql = ("select data from ".TABLE_PREFIX."core_session where id = '".mysql_real_escape_string($_COOKIE['PHPSESSID'])."'");
      $query = mysql_query($sql);
      $session = mysql_fetch_array($query);
      $data = ($session['data']);

preg_match_all('/\"(.*?)\"/',$data,$matches);

foreach ($matches[1] as $match) {

if (filter_var($match, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) {
            $sql = ("select user_id from ".TABLE_PREFIX."users where email = '".mysql_real_escape_string($match)."'");
            $query = mysql_query($sql);
            $session = mysql_fetch_array($query);
            $userid = ($session['user_id']);
         }

}

}

return $userid;
}
Jack
Customer

by Jack 16 Jan 2011, 10:59

Was the bugfix for having multiple tabs open; the messages would be in sync on both tabs implemented?

Also Feedback: The video chat thing is worse than the first version of the video chat in the 0.2.x builds. This video chat thing just looks like a big advertisement for Facebook...
mmlr38
Customer

by mmlr38 16 Jan 2011, 12:16

FNezovic wrote:Unfortunately the most annoying issue still remains (for my users anyway) regarding tabs. If you're browsing my site and have multiple tabs open it doesn't receive the messages globally across all tabs unless you go back to the first tab you used to start the conversation with the member. And if you close the original tab you don't get to see what the member wrote to you until you refresh a new tab...

Also tested iPhone and it still loading the bar in the middle of the page randomly. :(

Yes, both of these problems are very annoying and I'd love to see a fix for them.

Also, another user is reporting a problem that I've not been able to replicate:
Josh Lewis wrote:when I have it "open" where I'm not chatting but can see the whole chat bar every time I go to a new page the chat room bar will pop up. I guess I could keep it minimized when not chatting but is slightly less convenient.

Reported here:
http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/sp-cha ... ml#p810741
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jan 2011, 12:27

FNezovic wrote:Also tested iPhone and it still loading the bar in the middle of the page randomly. :(

I have not seen this yet, and I've been testing this issue on my iPhone for a month now. You may need to clear your cache as the bar should now appear at the bottom of the page.

GDe Bortoli wrote:Multilanguage Jason?

Three things were cut to get v1.0 out quicker. This was one of them.

Jack wrote:Was the bugfix for having multiple tabs open; the messages would be in sync on both tabs implemented?

Also Feedback: The video chat thing is worse than the first version of the video chat in the 0.2.x builds. This video chat thing just looks like a big advertisement for Facebook...

Multiple tabs sync was not implemented. It will be in 1.1. Read the release notes for a full list of changes. The old video chat did not even work properly, so I'm not sure how it could be better. The new video chat doesn't advertise Facebook at all.

mmlr38 wrote:Also, another user is reporting a problem that I've not been able to replicate:
Josh Lewis wrote:when I have it "open" where I'm not chatting but can see the whole chat bar every time I go to a new page the chat room bar will pop up. I guess I could keep it minimized when not chatting but is slightly less convenient.

In the chatroom options, have him uncheck to keep the chatroom open.
Jack
Customer

by Jack 16 Jan 2011, 12:34

When I open the videochat thing, the first thing it asks is to login with facebook. Then they have a facebook chat logo to the right.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jan 2011, 12:52

Jack wrote:When I open the videochat thing, the first thing it asks is to login with facebook. Then they have a facebook chat logo to the right.

You can login to the video chat with MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, or create your own username. It's for convenience, not advertising.
DFrance
Customer

by DFrance 16 Jan 2011, 12:53

Jack wrote:When I open the videochat thing, the first thing it asks is to login with facebook. Then they have a facebook chat logo to the right.

I agree and this is exactly what i get, altho i was only testing the feature out it isnt one i need for my website.
ArrowFan
Customer

by ArrowFan 16 Jan 2011, 12:59

Jason wrote:

You can login to the video chat with MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, or create your own username. It's for convenience, not advertising.

Can that screen be disabled, and instead force people to use their forum username?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jan 2011, 13:16

ArrowFan wrote:
Jason wrote:

Can that screen be disabled, and instead force people to use their forum username?

You are right! I just took a look at the API and I'm making some changes available in a hotfix shortly.
ArrowFan
Customer

by ArrowFan 16 Jan 2011, 13:18

Great thanks!
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jan 2011, 13:25

Video chat changes have now been made. Re-download and replace the arrowchat/video_chat.php file.
ArrowFan
Customer

by ArrowFan 16 Jan 2011, 13:43

Jason wrote:Video chat changes have now been made. Re-download and replace the arrowchat/video_chat.php file.

So this will force chatters to use their forum username?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 16 Jan 2011, 13:44

ArrowFan wrote:
Jason wrote:Video chat changes have now been made. Re-download and replace the arrowchat/video_chat.php file.

So this will force chatters to use their forum username?

Yes, you can remove the change: "none" from the API if you don't like that.
ArrowFan
Customer

by ArrowFan 16 Jan 2011, 14:25

No I would prefer for people to be required to use their forum username, thank you once again.
Jack
Customer

by Jack 16 Jan 2011, 23:15

Thank you Jason! Looks great!
KEN
Customer

by KEN 17 Jan 2011, 07:06

Not sure if this is just me or what, but this is the issue I'm having...

My chat room and chat bar are freaking huge...

Live Site...
http://www.havocgames.net/forum

So my assumption was that I would go into chat style and edit the values there...

When I hit save, I end up with this error...

But as you can see above I entered a numerical value. Am I doing something wrong?