Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 04:19

PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO UPGRADE

Step 1
BACKUP ALL FILES (rename arrowchat to arrowchat.old)
DELETE all "arrowchat" tables from your database.

This is important in case you have custom edits and need to go back and make the edits again.

Step 2
Download ArrowChat v1.5 and extract to the same place that ArrowChat is currently installed.

Step 3
Run the web installer (http://www.yoursite.com/path-to-arrowchat/install/)

Make sure to follow all steps. ArrowChat will automatically delete and rewrite all your database tables with the updated version so there is no need to delete database tables first unless your database user doesn't have drop table privileges.

Update all applications
Re-download all the applications from the store. Even if the application doesn't say v1.5 yet, it should still work.

Language Files
Due to the amount of language file changes, you'll need to customize these again.

Themes
The only themes officially supported for v1.5 right now are Facebook and Facebook (No bar). No other themes will work until they are updated. We'll be releasing some new themes in the coming weeks.

HD Theme Pack will be updated later today!

Clear your Browser cache!

Supported Integrations
You're done! Make any edits to the files that you may have had before, if necessary.

Custom Websites (Non-supported integrations)
Your new config.php file is located at includes/config.php
Your new functions_receive.php file is located at includes/integration.php

Open up the old config.php file and copy the information over to the new config.php file. Do not simply copy and paste the entire file, make individual line edits.

Open up the old functions_receive.php file. Please note that the function names have changed! For the most part, you can copy each of the old function's information over to the new function. Please take a look at the new integration files at includes/functions/integrations/ if you want to see examples.

IMPORTANT CHANGE TO GET_USER_ID FUNCTION
IMPORTANT! IMPORTANT! The $userid is no longer considered not logged in if it is set to zero. The $userid must now be set to NULL if there is no user. This change was made for integrations that had user IDs with 0.

In other words:

Code: Select all
$userid = 0;

Must now be:

Code: Select all
$userid = NULL;
lovesm210
Free

by lovesm210 30 Apr 2012, 07:53

hello world haha
nazz007online
Free

by nazz007online 19 Jun 2012, 04:42

Hello,
Looks good so far..Is there any way in API to create a chatroom on the go? That is, I want to be able to group chat with a user's friends when I visit that user's profile...Please advice me ..
Jason
Customer

by Jason 19 Jun 2012, 05:58

nazz007online wrote:Hello,
Looks good so far..Is there any way in API to create a chatroom on the go? That is, I want to be able to group chat with a user's friends when I visit that user's profile...Please advice me ..

There is no API for that but you could run a simple insert SQL command to accomplish this.