Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
CBrugger
Customer

by CBrugger 23 Mar 2012, 09:28

I keep checking the 'Keep Room Open' and 'Chat Room Sounds' options, but every time I refresh or open a different subforum, those settings are lost. I upgraded exactly per instructions for vBulletin. Any thoughts?
CBrugger
Customer

by CBrugger 23 Mar 2012, 10:16

CBrugger wrote:I keep checking the 'Keep Room Open' and 'Chat Room Sounds' options, but every time I refresh or open a different subforum, those settings are lost. I upgraded exactly per instructions for vBulletin. Any thoughts?

I'm quoting myself here, but I managed to fix it. I had to completely uninstall the previous chat, including dropping the database tables. I installed again and it seems to be working as it should...
GBarthelot
Customer

by GBarthelot 23 Mar 2012, 10:42

I have another problem, when chatting my message appears on my friend window but when my friend respond I see no message til I reload or change page
MStridgen
Customer

by MStridgen 23 Mar 2012, 10:55

Sorry to say its not the upgrade I was hoping for :( The main thing for me especially with the use of tabbed browsers and multiple screens these days was the fact I thought that any chat would be identical in both tabs as it should be. However its not working for messages I put on the chat (and you have stated it wont) and it still isnt working properly with other peoples either as you can see from this screenshot. Dont get me wrong I appreciate its early days.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30023734/still%20broke.JPG
KNygreen
Customer

by KNygreen 23 Mar 2012, 11:44

I have installed the ArrowChat 1.5 two time and no bar is shown.
CBrugger
Customer

by CBrugger 23 Mar 2012, 13:58

Is chat room automatic scrolling not working? All of my users are telling me it isn't. It scrolls for my own posts, but not when someone else posts.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 16:05

KNygreen wrote:I have installed the ArrowChat 1.5 two time and no bar is shown.

Let us know your site URL and a test login account.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 16:09

CBrugger wrote:Is chat room automatic scrolling not working? All of my users are telling me it isn't. It scrolls for my own posts, but not when someone else posts.

Just checked and it's working. Open a ticket with your site URL and two test login accounts.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 16:17

HMARTINS wrote:vBulletin and VBSEO installed here, when trying to access the admin control panel from arrowchat I have a "HTTP {500 (Internal Server Error".

Turned out to just be that you didn't have an integration file. I fixed it for you.
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 23 Mar 2012, 18:42

I have upgraded to Version 1.5 from version 1.0.7 Hotfix, with Jomsocial Integration. The upgrade went flawless. However, once the installation completes, I am directed to the Arrowchat Admin screen. I login, without issue, yet, when I click on ANY link in admin, I am instantly logged out. No error messages, or other issues on my site.

I have cleared both site cache and browser cache. I have even gone as far doing a New Installation.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Voice4Vision
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 18:52

Voice4Vision wrote:I have upgraded to Version 1.5 from version 1.0.7 Hotfix, with Jomsocial Integration. The upgrade went flawless. However, once the installation completes, I am directed to the Arrowchat Admin screen. I login, without issue, yet, when I click on ANY link in admin, I am instantly logged out. No error messages, or other issues on my site.

I have cleared both site cache and browser cache. I have even gone as far doing a New Installation.

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Voice4Vision

Hmm, sounds like a session problem. Open up a ticket with FTP access to the arrowchat folder and the username/password/url to your ArrowChat admin panel.
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 23 Mar 2012, 18:59

Ticket Sent

Thank you,
Voice4Vision
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 21:33

Voice4Vision wrote:Ticket Sent

Thank you,
Voice4Vision

Just hotfixed everything. Thanks for reporting this bug!
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 23 Mar 2012, 22:33

Another issue I have found.
When changing settings within Admin and submitting, although page does not show changes being saved, refreshing the page once, sometimes a few times...shows the changes were made.

Not a serious issue. Can be ignored until a later date!

Thank you,
Voice4Vision
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 22:42

Voice4Vision wrote:Another issue I have found.
When changing settings within Admin and submitting, although page does not show changes being saved, refreshing the page once, sometimes a few times...shows the changes were made.

Not a serious issue. Can be ignored until a later date!

Thank you,
Voice4Vision

I have a feeling this might only be on specific page(s). Can you try saving changes on a few different pages in the admin and see if it's happening everywhere?
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 23 Mar 2012, 23:28

It is happening everywhere in admin. My guess is because the data_admin_options.php is in the cache folder. And maybe the cached file is being referenced before the save process is actually finished.

Voice4Vision
Jason
Customer

by Jason 23 Mar 2012, 23:56

Voice4Vision wrote:It is happening everywhere in admin. My guess is because the data_admin_options.php is in the cache folder. And maybe the cached file is being referenced before the save process is actually finished.

Voice4Vision

The data actually comes from the post data so that isn't the problem. My guess would be there is a problem with your $_POST variable because you had a similar issue with the $_SESSION variable. That doesn't make much sense either though, not quite sure what would be causing that at the moment. Good news is that it's not a huge deal.
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 24 Mar 2012, 14:23

Works great here, the Facebook theme (no bar) displays the border on the left when the applications are disabled. Only minor thing I've seen so far.

Are there any plans to allow an upgrade to add the "push" function to the premium addition at a cheaper cost than a full upgrade to business edition as thats the only function that interests me. I would happily pay something like 50$ to add it in... but the upgrade as it stands is not viable for my low budget. ;)

Great work Jason and team! Keep it up! :D
HMARTINS
Customer

by HMARTINS 24 Mar 2012, 15:09

Hide chat bar button not working on a vBulletin integration, you need do reload the page to the change take effect.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 24 Mar 2012, 15:23

CAlchin wrote:Works great here, the Facebook theme (no bar) displays the border on the left when the applications are disabled. Only minor thing I've seen so far.

Are there any plans to allow an upgrade to add the "push" function to the premium addition at a cheaper cost than a full upgrade to business edition as thats the only function that interests me. I would happily pay something like 50$ to add it in... but the upgrade as it stands is not viable for my low budget. ;)

Great work Jason and team! Keep it up! :D

We've been considering various options for this. At this time, it isn't possible but I would expect this in the future.

HMARTINS wrote:Hide chat bar button not working on a vBulletin integration, you need do reload the page to the change take effect.

Site URL and a test login account, please.