Help
General ArrowChat talk that doesn't fit any other forum.
superj707
Customer

by superj707 25 Mar 2017, 18:28

Okay I have messed around with Arrowchat ALL day.

I find that it's pretty good. Not perfect, but pretty good.

The one thing my members hated was the mobile option. It throws everyone into a "whos online" list and there is no way for users to opt out.

They don't like being added automatically to a chat room. Also there is a little mobile tab that pops up letting them know chat is available. There is no way to remove the tab on a per user basis until further notice. It has to be shut off with each visit to the site. Because the mobile features are not customize-able enough for my users I had to disable it.

Desktop chat is pretty awesome..

Mobile chat is lacking. Mobile needs:

way to opt out of showing up in the online list. (desktop has "be unavailable for chat", mobile has no equal option)
way to remove the mobile tab floating link until further notice on a per user basis.

FYI I am integrated with Invision Power Board 4.1
Jason
Customer

by Jason 25 Mar 2017, 18:43

Once you click the mobile tab and get to the mobile page, users can click on the settings icon in the upper right corner. There is an option for "Hide mobile chat tab on site". This will disable the mobile tab as well as show the user as offline.
superj707
Customer

by superj707 26 Mar 2017, 10:20

Jason wrote:Once you click the mobile tab and get to the mobile page, users can click on the settings icon in the upper right corner. There is an option for "Hide mobile chat tab on site". This will disable the mobile tab as well as show the user as offline.

Right and what I am saying is.
  • Users don't want to click those settings each time they open the browser and visit my site.
  • It still has the user in the online list. They don't like that.

Thank you Jason
Jason
Customer

by Jason 26 Mar 2017, 21:41

Neither of those should be the case, so it may be a bug.
smr891
Customer

by smr891 27 Mar 2017, 16:06

I have only had it running on my site live for a few days now and one thing i noticed with mobile chat is if you have a message from somebody but they are no longer online. Then on mobile you can't see that message. The online list shows those online and idle in the mobile chat bar but those people who have sent you unread messages you can not access their message (unless they were to come back online at the same time as you)
in99
Customer

by in99 26 Jan 2021, 17:43

Neither of those should be the case, so it may be a bug.
Hi

How can I make it so that when you log on, whether you are desktop or mobile, you do not automatically appear in chat unless you enable it? thanks