Help
General ArrowChat talk that doesn't fit any other forum.
reina
Free

by reina 14 Mar 2021, 04:37

I'm testing the trial 3.x , and I like it. It's simple but effective. People like it becouse they already know the interface (facebook messanger style) .
Now..I saw that the free service for video chat is disable from 1st of march 2021, so I immagine that dev guys are working on it...( i hope..), and I don't know exectly the change in functions and price for the v.4...
So I don't know IF and WHEN purchase the product :-)

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Regards.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 14 Mar 2021, 11:13

We are aware of the video chat service closing down and are working on a solution.
reina
Free

by reina 15 Mar 2021, 03:12

We are aware of the video chat service closing down and are working on a solution.
Thank you for your promt reply.
From other hand, trying the trial version, I have a problem with session/cache I think...(integration with xenforo 2.2 ) :
All works, no errors, BUT...to see (or not to see) the chat bar , I have to press ctrl+f5 to get it visible everytime in a new session/login start (if reverse permissions are set) .
And if not reverse permissions are set, when I logout, the bar is still present and I can chat with the previous user logged in.
I tried with different users (admin and no admins) , change permissions, purge cache in cloudflare (even if I use it only as fiurewall, no cache) , set cloudflare in DEV mode ( no cache at all), with default or others Xenforo themes...
And always the same problem : the chat bar stay in his default state (visible or not visible), and I have to press ctrl+f5 to update it, and get it visible. Due to my xenforo configuration, I need the bar hidden for general users, and visible for "premium" users (group permissions)

Sorry for the long reply, but I would like to be sure it works as expected before purchase the product. :-)

Regards.
FreeArrow
Customer

by FreeArrow 10 Apr 2021, 00:13

The best solution and the best product would be JITSI Technologies.
We have installed it on several of our sites with success and it works great.
Have a good day
EmmaD216
Customer

by EmmaD216 12 Jul 2021, 03:15

Is there a solution to the video calling yet as this is the only reason I bought arrowchat
Voicecaster
Customer

by Voicecaster 12 Jul 2021, 19:43

Yes, it integrates with 3 or 4 of them, one of them went out of business. Twilio and Arrowchat are the best. I haven't set them up.
tomusa
Free

by tomusa 10 Nov 2022, 00:32

I like this new version more than the old version because it is updated with many new interesting features.