Help
General ArrowChat talk that doesn't fit any other forum.
jackal
Customer

by jackal 23 Nov 2021, 05:18

When using Arrowchat on a mobile device how do you go offline?
jj15asmr
Customer

by jj15asmr 29 Nov 2021, 11:14

It seems there is no way to do this currently, sadly, there are a few important features missing from the mobile version of ArrowChat, 1. announcements, 2. notifications, 3. going offline, 4. colorization (you could of course just edit the CSS yourself, but it might be too intimidating for those who aren't technical).
jj15asmr
Customer

by jj15asmr 29 Nov 2021, 11:31

Actually, It is possible to do this, sorry! In this reply by Jason (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2396) going into the Settings icon and tapping "Hide Mobile Chat Tab" will also show the user as offline, I did a test of this, and after a few refreshes, the user did go offline, and manually removing the "ac_hide_mobile" cookie shows the mobile chat tab again and the user appeared online again.

The only problem now is to find a way for the user to show the mobile chat tab / go online again, in my case, I added a checkbox in the user settings area of my website which when unchecked (if the user has the mobile chat hidden, detected by its cookie) will delete the cookie that controls the hiding of the mobile chat tab.
jackal
Customer

by jackal 29 Nov 2021, 16:15

Since most users are browsing on mobile devices, "Hide Mobile Chat Tab" is nothing but a nightmare. The real go offline option is only available on the desktop.
jj15asmr
Customer

by jj15asmr 29 Nov 2021, 16:32

Since most users are browsing on mobile devices, "Hide Mobile Chat Tab" is nothing but a nightmare. The real go offline option is only available on the desktop.
Very true. I hope ArrowChat will soon move to a single, responsive application with equal sets of features, instead of two separate versions with fewer features on the mobile version.

You could create a simple page that checks if the cookie is set, and allow the user to click a button or checkbox to remove it and bring the tab back. You could then publish the link in an FAQ page or member's area. It's a hackish solution, but that's pretty much all that can be done until ArrowChat decides to improve things, or someone decides to shell out the money to ArrowChat to add the feature into mobile (or customizes the code themself).
jackal
Customer

by jackal 30 Nov 2021, 05:50

Money is the root of all evils.

What I did for my members was I created an additional link called "Chat" and added it to the navigation bar. https://www.mydomain.com/arrowchat/mobile
This way if they click on the "Hide Mobile Chat Tab" by accident they can still access the chat until the cookie clears out.