Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
TReed
Customer

by TReed 28 Mar 2020, 04:46

OK, hoping to get and answer here. PHPFox hasn't been helpful.

Installed version PHPFox 7.4.9

Uploaded arrowchat as instructed, named the folder- arrowchat

I go to the url and get a 404 error

The folder is there. Permissions 755. Tried 777.

No matter what I try, PHPFox won't let me go to the folder.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jason
Customer

by Jason 28 Mar 2020, 13:47

A 404 error has nothing to do with permissions, so that wouldn't be the cause.

More than likely, it is either a problem with the .htaccess file or some kind of weird server settings, perhaps some security. You could try to temporarily remove the PHPFox (root) .htaccess file and see if ArrowChat is accessible to narrow down the problem.
TReed
Customer

by TReed 29 Mar 2020, 05:57

More than likely, it is either a problem with the .htaccess file or some kind of weird server settings, perhaps some security. You could try to temporarily remove the PHPFox (root) .htaccess file and see if ArrowChat is accessible to narrow down the problem.
Yep. Something in there. I removed it and got to the folder but with a 500 code. Permission is 755 so will have to figure that out.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 29 Mar 2020, 13:02

Yep. Something in there. I removed it and got to the folder but with a 500 code. Permission is 755 so will have to figure that out.
You can enable errors in ArrowChat with the following code change in the bootstrap.php file:
Code: Select all
	error_reporting(E_ALL);
	@ini_set('display_errors', 1);
This might tell you what is causing the 500 error. If not, it may be a file permission issue.
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 31 Mar 2020, 10:50

This might tell you what is causing the 500 error. If not, it may be a file permission issue.
TReed:
You can try a mass-resetting of the permissions for all files/folders below a particular point in the directory structure to test whether it's a permission thing. You can use the following commands to do so...
find /home/your_user/domains/your_domain/public_html/your_platform_root -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find /home/your_user/domains/your_domain/public_html/your_platform_root -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
Adjust accordingly.
TReed
Customer

by TReed 01 Apr 2020, 03:22

OK, I found the problem was with ownership permissions. I am running a LAMP server with Centos. If anyone is having this issue, use the command below in your SSH terminal to fix the problem. There used to be a way in WHM/cPanel but it seems they've removed it. Thanks for your support!

Scroll down and use the command for Fixperms - for all of the users
https://boomshadow.net/tech/fixperms-script/
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 01 Apr 2020, 08:58

OK, I found the problem was with ownership permissions. I am running a LAMP server with Centos. If anyone is having this issue, use the command below in your SSH terminal to fix the problem. There used to be a way in WHM/cPanel but it seems they've removed it. Thanks for your support!

Scroll down and use the command for Fixperms - for all of the users
https://boomshadow.net/tech/fixperms-script/
Ah, it was a chown thing then. Thanks for the update!