Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
clmerle
Free

by clmerle 16 Aug 2017, 14:31

I downloaded the trial demo and proceeded to install it it. I got an error message that it needed the ioncube loader. As I've encountered the ioncube used for a WordPress plugin, I installed it. When I tried to run the /arrowchat/install/ again, I got a blank page. I checked the error log:

Code: Select all
 PHP Fatal error:  The file /var/www/nouveauraw/arrowchat/install/index.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.0 and cannot run under PHP 7.0.\n Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for PHP 5.6. in Unknown on line 0

Do you have a trial version encoded for PHP 5.6 or 7.0? Or is there a workaround that will let me install it?
clmerle
Free

by clmerle 16 Aug 2017, 14:55

Since I was installing the trial on a test server, I was able to install arrow chat trial when I switched from using PHP 7.0 to PHP 5.6. I will now be able to evaluate it.

I'd like to suggest you make sure people need to have ioncube including the version number installed before installing it. If it was posted, I missed it. Because currently this is your error message:

Code: Select all
Site error: the ionCube PHP Loader needs to be installed. This is a widely used PHP extension for running ionCube protected PHP code, website security and malware blocking. Please visit get-loader.ioncube.com for install assistance.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 09 Apr 2019, 11:45

The trial is now working with PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.x+