Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
NCANDELIER
Customer

by NCANDELIER 12 Nov 2017, 04:39

Hello,
I have just setup Arrowchat 2.1 on my Xenforo 1.4.
I used to have former verion of Arrowchat before and setup rewrite the database.

The chat bar does not display on the site.
The chatbar only display when i select the use of chat for Guest users.

How do i configure the system to display the chatbar to other (members/admin/moderator) and not to guests ?

Thanks for the support.
CGL
Customer

by CGL 05 Dec 2017, 14:52

NCANDELIER wrote:Hello,
I have just setup Arrowchat 2.1 on my Xenforo 1.4.
I used to have former verion of Arrowchat before and setup rewrite the database.

The chat bar does not display on the site.
The chatbar only display when i select the use of chat for Guest users.

How do i configure the system to display the chatbar to other (members/admin/moderator) and not to guests ?

Thanks for the support.

Have you done some of the basics first just to rule out quick-fixes?

Arrowchat Admin Panel (this is probably yoursiteurl/arrowchat/admin) > Users > Group Permissions

The group(s) that these members are in, click the "Change permissions" option(s) and make sure they have access capability. If anything is checked then it is disabled. You want "Disable ArrowChat" UNchecked at least.

Arrowchat Admin Panel > Overview > General Settings

Look for:

Enable Chat Maintenance
&
Disable ArrowChat

BOTH of these should be UNchecked.

Still an issue? Try the repair option:

• Admin Control Panel > System > Repair ArrowChat

Can your members see the chat bar yet? If not, have them clear their cache and cookies, all of it for your site, from their browser(s) first.

Send your users this:

1. Go into your browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari) settings/options and:
  1. Clear all of your cache and cookies/website browsing history and data
  2. Close your browser completely (yes, the whole program/application)
  3. Reopen your browser
  4. Come back to (YOUR SITE). (You should be automatically logged out.)
  5. Log back in and re-try.

2. Double check to make absolutely sure your browser is up to date and has no pending updates to go through. Make sure your browser's plug-ins are up to date. If you don't know how to check these things then ask Google.

3. Try a different browser to verify it's not just the one you're using. Some browsers are outdated and aren't updated any longer or regularly, such as the case with Internet Explorer.

4. Take screen-shots of any error messages you see at that point so that you can provide the information you're seeing. [YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION] directly with full details about the issue and what you've tried to do to correct it. Please specify what browser(s) you are using for the site.

Still an issue?
CGL
Customer

by CGL 05 Dec 2017, 15:05

Okay, moving on...

• Admin Control Panel > Appearance > Themes

Is it visible based on the grey eye shown? Is it up to date? New Facebook Full should be v6.1.

Are you running a different theme? Take the time to double check and make sure it's listed as compatible with ArrowChat 2.1!