Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 24 Sep 2019, 10:18

Ever since I performed the modification I posted about at the beginning of August, my installation of ArrowChat (v2.2) has continued to be reliable as far as consistent one-on-one text message delivery. However, there's another troubling issue that I've not been able to resolve. That issue is inconsistent photo image transfer behavior with occasional full delivery failure (i.e., at times a thumbnail image won't even appear in the destination device's chat dialog, indicating that the device failed to receive the file). But the most frequent part of the issue is that the thumbnail images are arriving as unclickable on a random basis. When this happens, it's usually necessary to reload the chatbox to gain 'click (or tap) to open' functionality for the thumbnail. Sometimes arrival of a new message or photo image will make the previously unclickable thumbnails clickable. Reasonably, that shouldn't be necessary... but it is. When I've tested sending photo images here on arrowchat.com's website I haven't noticed these issues. I'm guessing it's because the push service is enabled on arrowchat.com's system. At this point all I can conclude is that the necessary scripts aren't firing consistently on my installation. If so, I don't know why that would be happening.

If anyone has any thoughts on fixing this problem please reply in this thread.

Thanks

(Note: I've already posted a bug report about the unresponsive thumbnails. While I'm aware that posting in this forum in order to elicit assistance for this software's misbehavior is not likely to get much response, I think it's important to document all noted malfunctionality.)
Jason
Customer

by Jason 24 Sep 2019, 12:49

It may have something to do with the uploading process finishing after the message is sent. We'll take a look at the bug report.
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 24 Sep 2019, 13:54

It may have something to do with the uploading process finishing after the message is sent. We'll take a look at the bug report.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks Jason.