Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 29 Apr 2020, 21:14

v3.0.1 testing notes

Well, I'll first say that I like the new layout. But the mobile tab's count badge will only count up for newly arrived messages after a manual refresh of the page. The audible notification, however, consistently fires upon each incoming message despite the absent count badge... the only way to get the badge back is a page refresh. My actions to test this are as follows: 1) I note the number of new unread incoming messages as displayed on the badge. 2) I tap on the mobile tab's icon and am taken to the latest messages for review. 3) I either hit the back arrow then the 'minimize chat' button or just the 'minimize chat' button. 4) Lastly, I inspect the mobile chat icon and notice that the count badge with its visual numeric are no longer displayed and will no longer appear when subsequent messages arrive. The badge will only appear again after a page refresh. Is there any way to fix this?

Yet another concern is there seems to be no emoji button on the desktop instance. I can type a text smiley ":-)" from the desktop chatbox and it sends fine to the destination device (as a happy face emoji)... but that's about it. Where are all the emoji options? What am I missing? There's an emoji button on the mobile instance that calls up an emoji tray menu that's filled with selectable emojis which seem to post to the text input field without issue and then transfer properly. What do I have to do to get similar functionality from the desktop instance's chatbox?

One more observation. The slide-out menu accessible from the mobile "Chats" screen seems to behave a bit strangely. Once launched, I can't seem to slide it back or otherwise get rid of it - unless I tap on 'Settings' and then on 'Done'. It seems there should be a way to cancel it without doing that.

That's it for now. I've not had a chance to test most of the other features and functions yet. I'll hopefully get to it soon, though.
RMcDowell
Customer

by RMcDowell 30 Apr 2020, 03:54

v3.0.1 testing notes

Well, I'll first say that I like the new layout. But the mobile tab's count badge will only count up for newly arrived messages after a manual refresh of the page. The audible notification, however, consistently fires upon each incoming message despite the absent count badge... the only way to get the badge back is a page refresh. My actions to test this are as follows: 1) I note the number of new unread incoming messages as displayed on the badge. 2) I tap on the mobile tab's icon and am taken to the latest messages for review. 3) I either hit the back arrow then the 'minimize chat' button or just the 'minimize chat' button. 4) Lastly, I inspect the mobile chat icon and notice that the count badge with its visual numeric are no longer displayed and will no longer appear when subsequent messages arrive. The badge will only appear again after a page refresh. Is there any way to fix this?

Yet another concern is there seems to be no emoji button on the desktop instance. I can type a text smiley ":-)" from the desktop chatbox and it sends fine to the destination device (as a happy face emoji)... but that's about it. Where are all the emoji options? What am I missing? There's an emoji button on the mobile instance that calls up an emoji tray menu that's filled with selectable emojis which seem to post to the text input field without issue and then transfer properly. What do I have to do to get similar functionality from the desktop instance's chatbox?

One more observation. The slide-out menu accessible from the mobile "Chats" screen seems to behave a bit strangely. Once launched, I can't seem to slide it back or otherwise get rid of it - unless I tap on 'Settings' and then on 'Done'. It seems there should be a way to cancel it without doing that.

That's it for now. I've not had a chance to test most of the other features and functions yet. I'll hopefully get to it soon, though.
Notice the same thing about the emojis in desktop, need to correct this,

Also was unable to use the slave database option for business licenses, could never get it to install correctly, it would go through the whole install but never let me log into Admin, always had a error telling me that my username and password were incorrect and to reinstall, ( I looked in my database and everything was correct) then when I did it try to reinstall it told me that the config.new.php wasn't there., ( was weird because I can see it when I FTP in but gave a error when you tried to view it, this only happen after you do a install) I tried this about five times, finally just decided to do the install and not use the slave database option and everything worked smoothly.
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 30 Apr 2020, 06:44

Also was unable to use the slave database option for business licenses, could never get it to install correctly, it would go through the whole install but never let me log into Admin, always had a error telling me that my username and password were incorrect and to reinstall, ( I looked in my database and everything was correct) then when I did it try to reinstall it told me that the config.new.php wasn't there., ( was weird because I can see it when I FTP in but gave a error when you tried to view it, this only happen after you do a install) I tried this about five times, finally just decided to do the install and not use the slave database option and everything worked smoothly.
That's interesting. I did a conventional install and it seemed to go smoothly. I've encountered no database issues (so far). I do notice, however, there's no indication in the admin panel that my license type is in fact the business license - I've not yet had time to test any business license features on the new installation. My member account info here on the arrowchat.com website shows that I'm a business license holder, though. I'm unsure why my license type is not reflected on my installation's admin panel.

I'm hopeful that ArrowChat will soon address the absent desktop emojis issue as well as the terminating count badge issue.
RMcDowell
Customer

by RMcDowell 30 Apr 2020, 08:29

That's interesting. I did a conventional install and it seemed to go smoothly. I've encountered no database issues (so far). I do notice, however, there's no indication in the admin panel that my license type is in fact the business license - I've not yet had time to test any business license features on the new installation. My member account info here on the arrowchat.com website shows that I'm a business license holder, though. I'm unsure why my license type is not reflected on my installation's admin panel.

I'm hopeful that ArrowChat will soon address the absent desktop emojis issue as well as the terminating count badge issue.
I when to the config.php file and made the change there manually for master/slave database
*/
define('DB_SERVER_SLAVE_1','myserver');
define('DB_USERNAME_SLAVE_1','myusername');
define('DB_PASSWORD_SLAVE_1','mypassword');
define('DB_NAME_SLAVE_1','mydatabase');

/**

and noticed that when I set the slave database to 1 it cause my chat to stop working, (everything disappeared, no chat rooms, users, etc. the only thing you get is the chat bar, can't access my admin panel) changed it back to 0 and everything came back normal, it's like my slave database is being viewed as my master database when I switch it to 1, also noticed that no tables were created in my slave database during any of the installs I attempted previously.

* Master/Slave Database
* Set SLAVE_DATABASE value to 1 if you are using a master/slave database. The slave database must
* be configured above. Also, set SLAVE_NUMBER to the number of slaves you are using.
*/
define('SLAVE_DATABASE', '0');
define('SLAVE_NUMBER', '1');
Jason
Customer

by Jason 30 Apr 2020, 14:35

The mobile new message count may be a legitimate issue; I haven't tested it yet. You can report it here: tracker.php?p=1

We use Modernizr to hide the emoji button on browsers that are not compatible. I suspect you are using an incompatible browser.

The slide-out menu can be closed by tapping to the right of it. There is no close button as this is a common practice on mobile applications.

The master/slave database feature requires a special setup to work. You must have MySQL replication on your server. This should only be used by advanced users.

Closing this topic because it is a bug report. All bug reports should be posted at tracker.php?p=1