Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
TPonsky
Customer

by TPonsky 15 Sep 2020, 16:46

I have arrow chat working perfectly on and connects to the local database (using "localhost"). However, we recently moved our application database to an Amazon RDS Database. Our PHP application connects to it just fine. But when I attempt to change ArrowChat to connect to that same database (direct copy of the local database) it fails to connect. I've quadruple checked the connections. There's no firewall. Is there a bug in the system when NOT using "localhost" as the database server??

It's driving me crazy. I need this to work!
sumitm
Free

by sumitm 22 Feb 2021, 03:34

I have also the same problem... My Arrowchat application on a different server and the database want to connect with on another server... I have also whitelisted the IP address ... for the server where the database reside... but the application can not connect the remote database... How can I solve this problem?... wasting too much time... but did not get a solution... please reply
reina
Free

by reina 17 Mar 2021, 15:10

Maybe the problem is also the path, not only the "localhost".
For example, if I try to install arrowchat (using xenforo integration) in a folder different then same path where XF is installed, the database connection fails.