Help
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 01 Apr 2012, 18:23

I am all set, completely up to date...all apps and themes except the sleek player. Are there intentions to update this?

Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Voice4Vision
qberty
Customer

by qberty 02 Apr 2012, 12:44

Actually, I've already done the update. Just waiting for the Arrowchat team, to allow Store Product editing, and we will be good to go. However, since i'm adding a couple features and changing some things up, the price will be raised.

I'm changing it from a modification, to an application. So there will be no need to modify arrowchat. Just simply upload it as an application. Thanks to AC 1.5's newest framework for apps.

Expect some more apps more often now.
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 02 Apr 2012, 16:42

This is awesome news. Will I guess I will wait. I am certainly looking forward to more applications.

Thank you,
Voice4Vision
qberty
Customer

by qberty 02 Apr 2012, 19:14

Indeed. Unfortunately, due to the new way things work, all the other unreleased apps will need an update as well.

I have high hopes for more apps for arrowchat. It seems like i'm the only one dedicated to this task, and I won't dissapoint.
Voice4Vision
Customer

by Voice4Vision 02 Apr 2012, 19:31

Sweet, well if you need ideas...I have many!
qberty
Customer

by qberty 02 Apr 2012, 20:23

I'm glad to hear more ;)
Jason
Customer

by Jason 03 Apr 2012, 13:04

I approved the update and you've done a really GREAT job!

However, I was unable to actually get the music image to show and the mp3 files to play. They were not being saved in the files folder. I'm assuming this is some kind of pathing issue. I briefly looked at the code and you're using relative paths like (../) instead of (dirname(__FILE__)) which could be the problem. Or it could be something else.

Anyway, I hope to see an update soon that will fix this problem and then you've deserved a spot on the banner rotator :)
qberty
Customer

by qberty 03 Apr 2012, 13:22

Wicked, and yes I was using relative paths because it gets a little tricky when using the players setting XML file. The flash player is hardcoded to read the config file from /arrowchat/config.xml

To get it to work, you simply MUST have your arrowchat folder right under the folder of where arrowchat is embedded. Like forum/arrowchat or root/arrowchat

This is merely a beta upload for 1.5. It works, if that sole condition is correct. I'm still updating it to add a couple more cooler features that expand on this players abilities.

Also, the relative file paths shouldn't be the issue when it comes to uploading. It's most likely the files folder, and it needing to be chmod 777 or else files won't upload. I can't do that through a script.

I was thinking if the installer (install.php) for applications in arrowchat could be called when displaying the app management. Mainly so that I could echo some instructions or extra steps for the users and have it display that nicely within the page (I noticed the installer is called before everything else when an application is installed).

TL;DR This is a 1.5 beta. Works, but under the right conditions. An easier, less clunky structure will be done.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 03 Apr 2012, 14:18

Gave it another try with the files CHMOD to 777 (which shouldn't matter on our server). Unfortunately, I got the same result.

Still an empty folder and the images/music don't appear.

I am also getting all the settings to save (BG color, mute, etc.) but they aren't actually translating in the player. The config.xml file is updating though. Is it normal for the config.xml file to be saving to the arrowchat root folder instead of the application root folder?

I think you will run into a lot of CHMOD issues here, so I would ultimately suggest having one folder (maybe the files) folder and write instructions to CHMOD that to 777. You could even check it for 777 before allowing settings to be changed. Then, put all the uploads into there including the config.xml file since that is a file write.

BTW, the slider transparency cannot be set to 0.
qberty
Customer

by qberty 03 Apr 2012, 14:27

Hmm, I'm using exactly the same build and it uploads without fail to the files folder. The player itself is flash made with AS3. Therefore if you want to get the player to reflect your changes, you need to clear browser cache, because the old config file always gets cached.

The config file IS supposed to be in the arrowchat root, mainly because the player AS3 looks for the config file in arrowchat/config.xml. It's hardcoded in there. I could change it, but I thought it'd be safest and easiest to get to if it were in the root of arrowchat.

Actually since this IS a flash player, the transparency of the player IS capable of being set to 0. Of course that would defeat the purpose of having a player, but I didn't think anyone would bother setting it to 0.

Also, i've come up with an easier way to attack this. I'll update this a little later after I finish up this other cool product i'm doing.
JLesinski
Customer

by JLesinski 25 Apr 2012, 18:14

How many different files can you upload to this? How long could your broadcast be?
qberty
Customer

by qberty 29 Apr 2012, 13:43

Only MP3 files, hence the name of the product 'Sleek MP3 Player'. Plays MP3s. However, it uses FLASH, so technically any audio file that flash supports, so will this player.

You use MP3 files, playlist files, or MP3 live feeds. There is no limit to how long it is.
BKim
Customer

by BKim 19 May 2012, 18:14

Seems very buggy. Things I've noticed:

- Can't delete songs from admin panel, have to go to config.xml and remove items manually
- file and picture paths are written into the xml with double slashes, might work on some web servers with specific rewrite rules, but not on nginx
- Player won't move through the playlist unless the repeat option is on and it doesn't actually repeat the song or the playlist
- Player improperly handles live feeds sometimes, playing a cached section of the feed instead of actually streaming from the location until you manually flush the browser's cache
- Given the small size of config.xml, it should not be cached
- There is no way to move between tracks at all, though in the shop page it says there's a playlist
qberty
Customer

by qberty 21 May 2012, 07:15

You not being able to delete songs is related to your file path issue. This is NOT tested on nginx. The player DOES go through the playlist, the conditions just need to be right. Live feeds being cached has nothing to do with this app. Cache is handled by the browser.

The full source is there. If you have a slightly different configuration, you will be able to make small adjustments.

Also, this as stated before, is the first release of extra features. I've been working on a whole different base. Which should work on all setups.

I also believe your rating/review of this app on the store page is not accurate and too broad a focus to be a reliable rating. The app wouldn't be on the store if it did not work. Submitting apps is a manual operation, not automatic.
BKim
Customer

by BKim 21 May 2012, 19:53

There doesn't appear to be any sort of file path issue on my end. Arrowchat is installed in a subdir of my forum (where the instructions tell you it should be) and Sleek is installed where all of my other AC apps are installed and where it has to be installed for Arrowchat to see it in the admin panel. That problem probably isn't related to nginx as Jason pointed out he was having file path issues as well.

And no, the player does not move through the playlist in the XML. The behavior I described where the player won't move to the next song in the playlist unless the repeat option is enabled happens even on your demo site. http://0m3ga.net/forum

Also the issues with the double slashes in file paths are apparent in your demo site's config as well: http://0m3ga.net/forum/arrowchat/config.xml

I'm guessing your script pulls the path of AC from AC's settings, which forces it to end with a trailing slash.

Caching is handled by browsers but you do have control over caching directives through your code.

Yes, I got the player to work eventually but it was clearly not in a working state as it's sold. There was no notice on the store page that says "some assembly required" nor do you list exactly what the "right conditions" for it to work properly are. I'll happily give it a better review if you fix the bugs I pointed out. The review and my bug report are not flames and are entirely constructive. I am looking forward to the new version you're creating.
qberty
Customer

by qberty 24 May 2012, 16:47

I'm not saying your wrong about anything. I'm merely suggesting that it works to what it advertises. The playlist works when repeat is on, as it doesn't repeat at all. It's a different function.
The double slashing is a PHP xml issue with file paths. No doubt about that because I already new about it previously.

The new version fixes these small issues.

Since i'm starting from a new base, none of these issues or reports are applicable to the new version. But I appreciate the concern.
APatricioBanús
Customer

by APatricioBanús 29 Oct 2013, 18:18

Please, I need example config.xml file.... thanks...
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 16 Dec 2014, 00:26

[b]This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.[/b]