Help
Suggest features for the ArrowChat software
PRosenberg
Customer

by PRosenberg 21 Oct 2022, 10:51

Arrowchat 3 had the recent chat tabs and our members are upset that it's no longer a thing. It'd be great if you could bring it back
Jason
Customer

by Jason 21 Oct 2022, 22:49

I’m not sure what you’re referring to because recent tabs still exist in all mobile, embed and desktop.
PRosenberg
Customer

by PRosenberg 23 Oct 2022, 10:47

Disregard, I think I am misremembering how it was
PRosenberg
Customer

by PRosenberg 25 Oct 2022, 09:30

Okay I think I figured out what our members are complaining about. There's 2 new settings: No. of Remembered Closed Windows and No. of Remembered Open Windows, which we can max out at 40 and 10 respectively. Our members would have been talking to hundreds of others and be able to click on someone they talked to last week and 100 people ago and still have their chat be available. If I understand these settings right, as soon as they talk to 41 people, that first person's chat is no longer there (which I assume the chatlog is also no longer there for moderation purposes?) Can we increase these numbers into the hundreds? Some members talk to 60 people a day or more so losing the chats that they had yesterday is not ideal.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 25 Oct 2022, 09:47

Okay I think I figured out what our members are complaining about. There's 2 new settings: No. of Remembered Closed Windows and No. of Remembered Open Windows, which we can max out at 40 and 10 respectively. Our members would have been talking to hundreds of others and be able to click on someone they talked to last week and 100 people ago and still have their chat be available. If I understand these settings right, as soon as they talk to 41 people, that first person's chat is no longer there (which I assume the chatlog is also no longer there for moderation purposes?) Can we increase these numbers into the hundreds? Some members talk to 60 people a day or more so losing the chats that they had yesterday is not ideal.
It has nothing to do with remembering chat history. You can always view that as long as it isn't cleared. It's strictly the number of allowed tabs open at once. Setting this high is resource intensive and opens you up to a DDoS attack, which is why we limit it to 40.