Help
Suggest features for the ArrowChat software
shitali
Customer

by shitali 20 Apr 2011, 00:45

hi
please arrowchat team : i dont know to make pol here ! were is this option ?
please think with me about this thing :
there is an option on the admin cpanel of the chat called " Online Timeout
" .
and there is an option in the cahat window (were the user see it in the status) called " go offline " .

and there is another option in the status too caled " invisible "

i think that the Online Timeout no need it in the script . why the user must becom offline if he dont want ? why ?
why the user see his frend offline but he know and sure that he online ? why ?
how can i tell all my users and learn them that they myst to refresh the page to see his friend online ? how ?
i think and please remove it from the software , we dont need it . please it just make it hard to my users to understand the chat how to use .
i want my users to be on line untill they chose offline .

or :
the option Online Timeout giv it to the user not to admin , like msn messanger . the user can chos this thing . not me . then he can tell his friend that he make it . but not all the users feel hard and always see offline of there friends .

please please AROWCHAT TEAM take it and put it in your mind AND SUBMIT IT .

I HOP you remove it soon and hop this thread not be far of you

thank you
please do it
Jason
Customer

by Jason 20 Apr 2011, 04:37

I'm not 100% sure that you understand the purpose of the online timeout.

The online timeout does not make people go offline after that period of time. What it means is that the person will appear offline after that many seconds of inactivity. For example, a user closes their browser and the online timeout is set to 30 seconds. That means that the user would be offline after 30 seconds of closing their browser.
shitali
Customer

by shitali 20 Apr 2011, 06:33

ok ... but
it is not just for close browser ! it is for if the user go to make acoffe or tallk with his phone or or or ..... then he come to contenu to chat (he did not close the browser) he get his friend offline .... ooops ! he call hem by telephone and ask hem , his friend tell hem that he is on line ..... then he say fuck this chat (lets go to facebook) .....
do you understand me jason ?
i want to tell you that i fix this thing with my self , i did some change in the code and now i am happy verry happy .
the user dont see his friend offline after hour and after year and if his friend close the browser ==> there is no budy in the chat .
if what you sayed is happen just wen close the browser , in this case it is a good option .
thank you
Jason
Customer

by Jason 20 Apr 2011, 06:41

That may be a bug in the code. The user should not appear offline while the browser is still open. They should only appear offline if ArrowChat is not running on their computer. If they go away, the idle status should show up, not offline.
shitali
Customer

by shitali 20 Apr 2011, 08:54

Jason wrote:I'm not 100% sure that you understand the purpose of the online timeout.

The online timeout does not make people go offline after that period of time. What it means is that the person will appear offline after that many seconds of inactivity. For example, a user closes their browser and the online timeout is set to 30 seconds. That means that the user would be offline after 30 seconds of closing their browser.

please jason read this carefully please

now i understand were is the problem :
it is here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=608
there is no real time notification to tell the user that his friend go online/offline .
or
there is no real time change the status of the user .
wen user go offline (It does not matter how he made offline) his friend dont know this and contenu to send messages .
i thing you must apdate this thing . the user see the changes just after refresh the page
please make it in real time not after refresh the page .

thank you
shitali
Customer

by shitali 20 Apr 2011, 09:10

adn :
the important things is :
if i make my self offline , my friend dont know this . he contenu to send messages and i get them in my window . i ask my self : did i change my status to offline or not ? why i still to get messages ?
unttil my friend refresh the page he know that i am offline .
now i back online , my friend dont know this unttil he refresh the page again .

i thing you must to updat this thing to be in real time , this is important thing , more important from to optimize themes or look .

i hop you do it
shitali
Customer

by shitali 20 Apr 2011, 09:45

now i find another important problem :
user x
user y
they are chatting
user x go ofline
user x back online he see user y online and start chat
user y get messages and reply but he see user x off line
but user x still send and user y refresh the page but he still to see user x offline
what to do ?
user x must refresh the page then user y refresh his page and see user x on line

i use version 1.0.5 the last one with origenal files .
on jcow version 5

how can i tell all my users to refresh the page ?

please check it and fix please . it is the important thing in the chat .

i hop
shitali
Customer

by shitali 20 Apr 2011, 10:40

i am sure that you wil ignore this topic like you ignor the other topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=608
from 31 Jan (2 months )

you just think about make new look for the site , but the users here and me not think about this site how it look , we think how our sites look .

sorry but this is the fact
if i wrong .... what is the right !
shitali
Customer

by shitali 21 Apr 2011, 03:58

ok
now i understand the problem were is it .
sory of all my words befor (i cant delete theme , i dont have the edit option )

it is because the buddy list refreshes every 60 seconds .
how can i make it 5 seconds ?? in wich file i find it to edit ?
please help me to to change it .

thank you
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 07 Nov 2012, 12:40

This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.