Help
Discuss or request ArrowChat modifications
Littlespace
Customer

by Littlespace 12 Apr 2017, 01:38

I'm not sure if it's possible but it would be nice to be able to "hide" that a site has purchased and is using arrowchat if they've paid for the Business license, at least. (Hey, it'd be a great perk for it to come preloaded as plain instead of a branded program!)

I love the chat a lot but the members on my site seem to think that calling it "the arrowchat" makes sense. This ends up confusing most of the newer members joining! (Yes, the community I maintain is rapidly growing so this is a very, very frequent occurrence.) They end up asking questions: "What's THE arrowchat you keep talking about? Do you mean this chat here?" Then the entire chatroom is taken through the same questioning list that draws attention away from the site purpose.

I know it's personal preference but I feel like, also, since there's so many resources online about it, it could become a slight security flaw. Like, they see it's loading http://www.whateversomewebsite.com/arrowchat/whatever in the loadbar and think, "I'm going to Google and Bing until I can find some data about this arrowchat thing and see if I can modify/hack/change/mess-with it..."

I mean, technically, I've had that happen in the previous 1.x version. Someone Googled information about arrowchat and gathered how they could modify it in their browser even though it was intended to be changed. The issue was identified and resolved but for awhile it was causing distress in my chat room, even.

I wish it was just "chat" instead of the hidden-branding, basically.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 12 Apr 2017, 09:52

If you have the "Powered by ArrowChat" link on your business package, you just need to re-download ArrowChat and replace all the files.

You can also rename the folder using this guide: https://www.arrowchat.com/documentation ... all-folder
Littlespace
Customer

by Littlespace 13 Apr 2017, 14:42

Oh, Jason, you are wonderfully spectacular to know all of these handy dandy things. I hadn't realized that process even existed (and that it was just so easy)! Thank you very much for your kindness in assisting me.