Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
User avatar
Jason
ArrowChat Team
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 00:06

by Jason 18 May 2018, 03:07

The push service will require an update soon

This only involves those using ArrowChat's push service to deliver messages to their ArrowChat installation. We are currently in the process of changing providers. This means that every installation using the push service will be required to update to ArrowChat v2.2 before June 1, 2018. After this date, the old API keys will no longer work with ArrowChat. You will need new API keys that will be provided once v2.2 is released.


My ArrowChat software updates have expired. Do I need to renew?
No. We will be issuing free updates to v2.2 to anyone that is already expired. You must be an active ArrowChat Push Service subscriber as of May 16, 2018 to qualify.

Is the pricing changing?
No. The pricing will stay the same.

Are the features of the push service changing?
No. The service will remain exactly as it is now.

When will ArrowChat v2.2 be available?
We are currently finishing up the changes and testing the update. We will be sending another email as soon as it is available.

Why are you changing providers?
Our provider recently increased the cost of the server by over 700%. We do not want to raise our prices of the push service, so we are changing providers to keep it the same.

How do I update?
1. Download the v2.2 ArrowChat update in the member's area: https://www.arrowchat.com/members/
2. Install it using the instructions posted at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2609
3. Get your new API keys at https://www.arrowchat.com/push/
4. Update the API keys in your admin panel under System > Configuration


We understand that this may be inconvenient for some to upgrade on such short notice, but it is imperative that we make this change as soon as possible to avoid the unreasonable new pricing of our provider. Please contact us if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,
User avatar
Jason
ArrowChat Team
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 00:06

by Jason 19 May 2018, 06:43

SSL messages no longer count as two messages with our new provider :)
User avatar
Jason
ArrowChat Team
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 00:06

by Jason 20 May 2018, 07:02

Each time a user connects to the service, it will no longer count as one message. However, every delivered message will now count as one. For example, sending a message to 10 people in a chat room will count as 11.

Most users should see their usage go down as the connection messages were the bulk of the messages.
User avatar
TennoNetworksLtd
Customer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 02 Apr 2017, 15:14

by TennoNetworksLtd 25 May 2018, 21:36

Where do you actually enable SSL messages in the push service? I been looking everywhere and doesn't seem to find it..

We have already upgraded to version 2.2 and set the new API push keys.

Thanks!
User avatar
Jason
ArrowChat Team
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 00:06

by Jason 25 May 2018, 22:20

TennoNetworksLtd wrote:Where do you actually enable SSL messages in the push service? I been looking everywhere and doesn't seem to find it..

We have already upgraded to version 2.2 and set the new API push keys.

Thanks!

It is no longer required to enable SSL. It is enabled by default as there is no extra charge.
User avatar
VAlexandrov
Customer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 May 2013, 12:42

by VAlexandrov 30 May 2018, 07:56

To get the Arrowchat v2.2 upgrade to work under PHP 5.3 I had to change a line in class_arrowpush.php:

$headers = array("Content-type: application/json","Authorization: Basic $auth");
//original line below
//$headers = ["Content-type: application/json","Authorization: Basic $auth"];

If I didn't change that line I got a global server error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in \includes\classes\class_arrowpush.php on line 22

However the Push service still doesn't work after that and users get new messages only when doing a full refresh of the page. I've changed the Push service API keys according to the instructions as well.
User avatar
Jason
ArrowChat Team
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 00:06

by Jason 31 May 2018, 02:42

VAlexandrov wrote:To get the Arrowchat v2.2 upgrade to work under PHP 5.3 I had to change a line in class_arrowpush.php:

$headers = array("Content-type: application/json","Authorization: Basic $auth");
//original line below
//$headers = ["Content-type: application/json","Authorization: Basic $auth"];

If I didn't change that line I got a global server error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in \includes\classes\class_arrowpush.php on line 22

However the Push service still doesn't work after that and users get new messages only when doing a full refresh of the page. I've changed the Push service API keys according to the instructions as well.

Thanks for posting. I'll update this in v2.2 right now.
User avatar
TennoNetworksLtd
Customer
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 02 Apr 2017, 15:14

by TennoNetworksLtd 08 Jun 2018, 22:45

Jason wrote:
TennoNetworksLtd wrote:Where do you actually enable SSL messages in the push service? I been looking everywhere and doesn't seem to find it..

We have already upgraded to version 2.2 and set the new API push keys.

Thanks!

It is no longer required to enable SSL. It is enabled by default as there is no extra charge.



Perfect, that is great news! Because we need that for several reasons. Among them are EU GDPR,

On that note also:
As you run the push service, you are considered as data processor by EU GDRP.

Is there a data processor agreement that we can enter with Arrowsuites LLC for compliance reasons of EU's law requirements?

Thanks!
User avatar
RGalvan
Customer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 04:44

by RGalvan 17 Aug 2018, 18:52

Your push service doesn’t work. Should have kept the old service.
User avatar
Jason
ArrowChat Team
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: 13 Dec 2009, 00:06

by Jason 17 Aug 2018, 22:40

RGalvan wrote:Your push service doesn’t work. Should have kept the old service.

You’re the first to report a problem. What is it? We haven’t had any issues with it on our site either.