Help
Get all the latest news about ArrowChat here
Jason
Customer

by Jason 27 Aug 2010, 03:53

Release Notes: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=336

As always, please report any bugs ASAP so that can be fixed. There are a great deal of complicated changes in this release.

We're still working on the new, more detailed installation guide. In the next few days, we'll also be releasing some more themes in the store.
chattasubito
Customer

by chattasubito 27 Aug 2010, 13:58

I don't want to sound like the one who always criticize but after all these months of waiting and testing (I remember you opened the 0.2 beta for testers) it's amazing to see that you can PM yourself in the chatroom. This looks like a joke, it's simply impossible to not notice a so big thing like this before a release... this proves that ArrowChat really has a zero testing phase (so what did you do all these months?).
Jason
Customer

by Jason 27 Aug 2010, 14:02

chattasubito wrote:I don't want to sound like the one who always criticize but after all these months of waiting and testing (I remember you opened the 0.2 beta for testers) it's amazing to see that you can PM yourself in the chatroom. This looks like a joke, it's simply impossible to not notice a so big thing like this before a release... this proves that ArrowChat really has a zero testing phase (so what did you do all these months?).

I don't see how this is such a huge bug as you do. I find it a little crazy that you find one small bug that has no bearing on the operation of the chat and then say we didn't do anything. Anyway, this will be fixed along with any other reported bugs in a 0.2.01 update. Simple temporary solution: Don't message yourself.
HMinhas
Customer

by HMinhas 27 Aug 2010, 16:30

Wow @chattasubito. Dude you must be very hard working yourself to critically ask "what did you do all these months"

I know Jason and his team can back up their product much better then their competitors. Their Support is phenominal. Check the changelog for v0.2 and you will see what they have been doing.
TSilva
Customer

by TSilva 27 Aug 2010, 18:39

Any idea how to fix this?

I have changed the z-index and all.. but it never sticks out of the box as it was supposed to...
deth4uall
Customer

by deth4uall 28 Aug 2010, 01:51

I am going to be positive on this one and say Good Job! About frackin time! Lets try to speed up to 0.3 so we can continue on to 1.0! If I find any bugs they will be in the forums as usual... :)
CAlchin
Customer

by CAlchin 28 Aug 2010, 03:11

chattasubito wrote:I don't want to sound like the one who always criticize but after all these months of waiting and testing (I remember you opened the 0.2 beta for testers) it's amazing to see that you can PM yourself in the chatroom. This looks like a joke, it's simply impossible to not notice a so big thing like this before a release... this proves that ArrowChat really has a zero testing phase (so what did you do all these months?).

I thought this is version 0.2 and still in testing, not yet v1.0. How can anyone expect it to be 100% perfect, as with like any beta product there will always be flaws to iron out.

I would like to say that arrowchat is looking amazing, even with the few bugs / issues I've had it's been a worth while investment and a welcomed addition to my community. To date, I've not found a script that compares - thanks :)
outbax
Customer

by outbax 28 Aug 2010, 05:02

Great Job Guys - This means I can finally start to use Arrow Chats as the chat rooms are now a reality. :D

You mentioned a new installation manual - do I need to wait for this before installing or will the old guide do??
Jason
Customer

by Jason 28 Aug 2010, 11:10

outbax wrote:Great Job Guys - This means I can finally start to use Arrow Chats as the chat rooms are now a reality. :D

You mentioned a new installation manual - do I need to wait for this before installing or will the old guide do??

New guide is already up :)
Jason
Customer

by Jason 28 Aug 2010, 12:49

TSilva wrote:Any idea how to fix this?

I have changed the z-index and all.. but it never sticks out of the box as it was supposed to...

Remove the overflow from arrowchat_chatboxes and arrowchat_chatboxes_wide
TSilva
Customer

by TSilva 31 Aug 2010, 00:19

That's right. That fixes it :)

Another little thing... on my site, or even here on forums, if we do scroll the site up and down fastly.. the bar kinda moves and shakes out of the place... why could that be?

This happens on Opera 10.6... I have not tried with another browser to see if it happens as well.
Jack
Customer

by Jack 31 Aug 2010, 14:20

I had version .1.3 installed on my site and working flawlessly. After attempting to update to .2, my chat bar has seemed to have disappeared. Any ideas on what I may have done wrong? I deleted all of the old files and uploaded all of the new ones. I also deleted the entire mySQL database and let the script recreated it.

If I go into the database, it does see my users, so I know it is at least connecting. I am trying to install the standalone version.

Update: I was able to get the chat to work by replacing the new functions_receive(_custom before I renamed it).php with my old one (v0.1.3).
Dylan
Customer

by Dylan 03 Sep 2010, 07:37

Just updated from v1.3 to V.02 and having the same problems, the chat bar has gone.
agiles2303
Customer

by agiles2303 12 Sep 2010, 12:09

I would like to start off by saying I'm extremely impressed and pleased with the new pace of updates with the release of v2.10, and while I understand each update can't be as quick, it is a very welcome change. And being that I highly criticized this aspect of the Arrowchat team, I felt it necessary to send out the appreciation.

But I have a question. Now that the content of the chatroom doesn't clear out when you leave it, is there an automatic reset time frame where it will remove the chatrooms messages? Because for permanent chatrooms it will be annoying, and eventually have negative affects on speed if it stores all the messages forever. So will it reset after x minutes?
Jason
Customer

by Jason 12 Sep 2010, 17:23

agiles2303 wrote:But I have a question. Now that the content of the chatroom doesn't clear out when you leave it, is there an automatic reset time frame where it will remove the chatrooms messages? Because for permanent chatrooms it will be annoying, and eventually have negative affects on speed if it stores all the messages forever. So will it reset after x minutes?

Are you talking about it clearing out the database? No, you'd have to do that manually, but if you're talking about displaying to the end user...yes, the chatrooms only display the last 30 messages for up to 60 minutes.
agiles2303
Customer

by agiles2303 12 Sep 2010, 17:33

The later part of your answer was what I was looking for, also the video chat is not working properly for my site. Both people enter a video chat, however each of them receives "Waiting for another user" message
Jason
Customer

by Jason 12 Sep 2010, 17:41

agiles2303 wrote:The later part of your answer was what I was looking for, also the video chat is not working properly for my site. Both people enter a video chat, however each of them receives "Waiting for another user" message

It will always say that (that should be hidden from view). The video should still be working though.
chattasubito
Customer

by chattasubito 13 Sep 2010, 00:05

Congrats for the release Jason and I like that you finally choosed to make releases faster. Keep up the good work!
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 07 Nov 2012, 12:40

This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.