Help
General ArrowChat talk that doesn't fit any other forum.
johnv
Free

by johnv 25 Oct 2015, 11:41

Hey, I am using the trail version and I love it. I am thinking of purchasing it for my website of 18k users per month. It's a custom built php site and I'm just wondering if it is possible to display the full name, not just the username of the user. I have two rows in the users table called first_name and last_name. How can I display both, the first_name and the last_name?

And do I have to purchase 4 business license if I have 4 domains like mysite.com, mysites.com, mysites.ca and mysites.net? (They all point to the same name servers, just different domain names).

Thank you very much and I look forward to your reply.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 25 Oct 2015, 18:38

You would need to change the includes/integration.php file's functions and concat the username. The functions needing change would be:

get_friend_list (if applicable)
get_online_list
get_user_details
get_username

You'd be looking to change this portion:

Code: Select all
" . TABLE_PREFIX . DB_USERTABLE . "." . DB_USERTABLE_NAME . " username

To something like this (will vary depending on your setup):

Code: Select all
concat(" . TABLE_PREFIX . DB_USERTABLE . ".first_name, ' ', " . TABLE_PREFIX . DB_USERTABLE . ".last_name) username

As far as the domains, you would not need multiple licenses as long as they are all the same site (parked domains). However, if mysite.com is completely different from mysites.com, you would need another license.