Help
General ArrowChat talk that doesn't fit any other forum.
superj707
Customer

by superj707 26 Mar 2017, 10:36

I was running the premium package. I upgraded to the Business package (which cost quite a good chunk more).

The only difference I can find are new video chat options, I was ok with Tinychat.
What did I just pay for?

Not seeing the clear benefit. Possible to downgrade?
BritishNaturism
Customer

by BritishNaturism 26 Mar 2017, 14:00

What were you expecting to get?
superj707
Customer

by superj707 26 Mar 2017, 14:53

BritishNaturism wrote:What were you expecting to get?

Some benefit, improvement or enhancement verses the version that is much less expensive that I upgraded from. Seems like a responsible expectation. It's not at all clear to me what upgrade I got or if I even got one at this point.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 26 Mar 2017, 21:43

The full list of differences is available on our purchase page: https://www.arrowchat.com/purchase/

It also tells you all this when you click the upgrade button.

The next update will be adding more business features as well.
rcooper
Customer

by rcooper 27 Mar 2017, 07:25

what does it mean tho "mobile support" or "SSL support"?? or even the push server support part is a little confusing....so messages are synched now without push, but that extra free push support is to help server load is that the idea?

thank you
superj707
Customer

by superj707 27 Mar 2017, 21:29

Jason wrote:The full list of differences is available on our purchase page: https://www.arrowchat.com/purchase/

It also tells you all this when you click the upgrade button.

The next update will be adding more business features as well.

I will look forward to the next update then. :)
superj707
Customer

by superj707 30 Mar 2017, 09:54

The more I think about it the more burned I feel.
I will start by saying Arrowchat is quite nice. I am glad to have it. However, Premium is the best package. The benefit to Business upgrade is SUPER MINIMAL (none for me actually)

It's such a wild pricing structure, I can't comprehend why business is even being offered. Big up-charges with minimal benefit just seems like an obvious recipe for customers feeling burned. Like Really?

As I said, I think Arrowchat is great or I wouldn't have upgraded in the first place. However, my appreciation is quickly being overwhelmed by my feeling of being burned.

I just thought someone should know. I will let it go.
Thank you.
Littlespace
Customer

by Littlespace 13 Apr 2017, 16:40

It isn't my place to answer, I suppose, but I felt like I should give some feedback since I also have purchased the Business license.
I suppose it may depend on what you're using the chat for, the type of users you're accommodating with it, and how many people are frequenting your chat. WHY they're frequenting your chat.

For example, having the video chat integration with mine is decently important because I am using the chat in a community. People are trying to meet each other and get to know each other in the community so video chatting integration is nice. Friends like to see each other's face. They don't have to load up Skype and go elsewhere. If Tinychat fails us, seems extra laggy...we have options. We aren't stuck and they are staying on the site.

The push server capability is well-worth it to me. It speeds up my chat. No laggy text. No re-submitting messages because of a time-out on an overloaded server. I have over 22.5k members and we're rapidly growing. Without the push service, it's useless to me!

SSL isn't as immediately important to me but the site does operate with a SSL certification. Everyone appreciates security, right?