Help
General ArrowChat talk that doesn't fit any other forum.
agiles2303
Customer

by agiles2303 27 Jul 2011, 21:49

Just for clarification... according to Product Submission Guidelines.

Can I sell the product from my own site?
No, we currently are only allowing developers to sell products through our online store. Your customers will pay through ArrowChat.com and you will be paid regularly. This eliminates the hassle of you having to build your own site and trying to advertise it.

Now, as we are able to upload our own themes, modifications, or applications for ArrowChat but not permitted to sell them on our website. That is fair, your software, your code, your rules.

However, I am developing notifications for JomSocial. In doing so, the ONLY files being modified are ONLY within the core folders of JOMSOCIAL and are licensed under GNU/GPL. This requires NO modification or addition to any directory/file related directly to ArrowChat.

Therefore selling these "modifications" on my own site is NOT something you can restrict, because ArrowChat does not have the authority to govern another software package's files nor go against the right everyone is given to expand upon GPL'd software.

I have written this post for clarity's sake, and to avoid any unnecessary future issues or potential restriction of my own distribution or forum privileges here from the staff at ArrowChat.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 27 Jul 2011, 22:24

That restriction just means that you cannot hold a spot in our store. You are free to create products off of our website, but we won't allow any advertisement for those products on arrowchat.com.
agiles2303
Customer

by agiles2303 27 Jul 2011, 22:30

There is a Community Forum ArrowChat Customizations->Notifications... which is where we can discuss any notification.
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 07 Nov 2012, 12:40

This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.