Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
toptickers
Customer

by toptickers 02 Jul 2016, 10:14

Are we supposed to go through the installation process again when updating to 1.8.5? I have updated but my admin password is no longer accepted so I'm unable to log in.

The first way i know how to change the password is via the Admin Settings panel, which I can't get to unless I'm logged in.

The second is using the "Forgot Password" method which reads; "The password and username can be changed in the arrowchat_admin table in your database. The password must be converted to MD5 first"

I don't know how to change my password through my database settings or how I'd even access that. Nor would I have the slightest clue how to convert it to MD5.

Can you guys elaborate on how an update is supposed to be performed?

These are your current instruction-

-Upgrade Instructions
Step 1: Backup your existing files
It's very important that you backup your files in case something goes wrong. You'll then have the old files that may help you fix any issues.

Step 2: Download and replace all files
Download the v1.8.5 update from our site and replace all the files on your server. Replacing all the files will not delete any settings or information.

Thank you.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 02 Jul 2016, 12:17

The instructions are correct, you simply replace all the files.

If you have forgotten your admin password, you can reset it using the following guide: https://www.arrowchat.com/documentation ... t-password
toptickers
Customer

by toptickers 03 Jul 2016, 07:56

Jason wrote:The instructions are correct, you simply replace all the files.

If you have forgotten your admin password, you can reset it using the following guide: https://www.arrowchat.com/documentation ... t-password

i haven't forgotten my password. When I upgrade to 1.8.5 my credentials are not accepted. When I downgrade the same credentials still work. Something is making 1.8.5 not accept the password. I don't know what files could be causing the issue.
elynx
Customer

by elynx 23 Jul 2016, 09:15

Exactly the same for me.
Plus changing the hash doesn't help.
I can't access the arrowchat/admin and ChatWith API is not working anymore (not even on mobiles which was supposed to be the new thing of the version !)
elynx
Customer

by elynx 23 Jul 2016, 09:38

Actually, nothing works anymore (no notification, no chat, no buddylist ...). Some Mysql connection issue for sure as i can't even reinstall:
"Oops! There is an error:
Arrowchat was unable to connect to the database with the provided information. Check your details and try again."

And i am sure of the Mysql DB data to connect to it.

Regards
elynx
Customer

by elynx 23 Jul 2016, 09:55

I had to install again everything. arrowchat/install
TMatthews
Customer

by TMatthews 18 Nov 2016, 14:38

Hi
I have the same problem tonight.
Arrowchat working perfectly.
Then paid for the latest upgrade.
Deleted the files from the server and dropped the arrowchat database tables.

I then uploaded the new files and did a fresh install.
It fails at the config page with the message you have above.
"Oops! There is an error:
We were unable to connect to your database. Please go back to the database settings page. This might also be an indication that your session timed out or PHP sessions are not working entirely."

The database connection was fine at the database page.
What is going on??????
TMatthews
Customer

by TMatthews 18 Nov 2016, 14:39

I also was not able to access the admin page earlier after uploading the files, kept saying the password/user name was wrong.
Warfare31
Free

by Warfare31 15 Mar 2017, 03:43

I have the same problem, Im trying to do a stand alone version directly via xampp and an example.php where i only implement a sample page with arrowchat, but im unable to connect arrowchat to my MySQL xampp server... any ideas?