Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
TMatthews
Customer

by TMatthews 18 Nov 2016, 14:57

Hi

I have been using arrowchat since the beginning of the year with no issues.
Tonight I decided to pay for the latest version.

I tried the upgrade route first but could not log in after the upgrade. I was told the user name/password were incorrect.

I then deleted all the arrowchat files from the server and dropped the arrowchat tables from the database.

I am now unable to complete a fresh install because of the following message that comes up on the configuration page of the install program.
Oops! There is an error:
We were unable to connect to your database. Please go back to the database settings page. This might also be an indication that your session timed out or PHP sessions are not working entirely.

The connection to the database was verified earlier in the process on the Database page.

Looking at the database and there are no arrowchat tables present.

Any idea what the issue is with the latest version.
I had no issues in January and nothing has changed since then.
Wishing I had bothered upgrading to the latest version now..............

regards
Trevor
Jason
Customer

by Jason 18 Nov 2016, 18:47

Replied to your ticket! It's most likely a PHP session issue.
rcooper
Customer

by rcooper 22 Nov 2016, 18:18

what was the solution for this? im seeing the exact same problem with a new project im helping on and ive installed this a good half dozen times by now..stumped
rcooper
Customer

by rcooper 23 Nov 2016, 07:40

Oops! There is an error:
Your table prefix is incorrect. We tried to retrieve information from the table "" and could not do so. You might also receive this error if you're not using the same database that your exisiting integration is on. Please check the prefix and consult the ArrowChat documentation if you continue to have problems.

this is a test subdirectory installation, testing compatibility for a new server migration....how can i get around this??

there is no prefix on this db, but i think there was one on the last install
rcooper
Customer

by rcooper 23 Nov 2016, 08:00

ok i found it....for some reason it wants to add the prefix from my last install into the default config.php....i edited the file to clear the entry and the install went thru just fine....

they were clean files, so it must have stuck it in there during the install somehow..i feel that code should be removed fwiw, its easier to enter a prefix(which you have instructions for finding even) than to troubleshoot it auto entering the wrong one, and not telling you its doing that...
TMatthews
Customer

by TMatthews 24 Nov 2016, 15:11

Hi
The solution in my case took a little bit of work to find.
Go to your vbulletins admin page and go down to Maintenance.
Then select View PHP info.
Look at the path of the php.ini file and make sure the session settings are correct within that file.
I use putty and/or Plesk to edit things.
Then scroll down the View PHP info page until you find Sessions.
Look at the value that is in session.save_path
You will find that a default value may be entered there.
In my case the default path didn't even exist, I created the missing folders to match the path and adjusted the permissions to 777. This didn't solve the problem.

In the end I created a new temp folder in my vbulletin root directory and made its permissions 777
I then amended the php settings in Plesk but you can use Nano at CLI level as you wish.
Restart Apache and job done.