Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
AMoraLopez
Customer

by AMoraLopez 08 Jan 2017, 16:53

I have a problem with the notify label of 1-1 mobile chat.

1) I send a message to other user

1a) If user use desktop version is perfect (put 1 new message in tab)

1b) if user is in mobile, put in tab (1),, then enter in mobile chat version and don't see the NEW label never.

But if curious, because if user have open /arrowchat/public/mobile just in the moment of the other user send the message, then NEW label apper, but if i close /arrowchat/public/mobile and enter another time , the NEW label don't appear and i never read the message.

Is only one error in my website?

Sorry for my english.
AMoraLopez
Customer

by AMoraLopez 08 Jan 2017, 17:12

Example of the problem with image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kerby
Customer

by Kerby 13 Jan 2017, 13:43

I have same issue.

So I don't see any unread message in user list. I have to manually go each user there to hopefully find who has written me a message.
AMoraLopez
Customer

by AMoraLopez 19 Jan 2017, 15:26

Kervy you have the same issue in 2.0.1?
Kerby
Customer

by Kerby 25 Jan 2017, 06:24

first i tried after update, it didn't work. But now 3-5 days later, it works. i think you have to hard empty the cache of your browser to get all new files to your browser that it works. or just wait a few days until it loads new files on itself. you can test it also in private/incognito-mode on your browser, there it should work, because in thise mode it loads all files fresh from start.
perrada
Customer

by perrada 28 Jan 2017, 00:28

It's no works for me (with incognito mode).

:( mobile version not update if anyone send me new message. I have on my site SSL, so maybe is this problem.
Kerby
Customer

by Kerby 28 Jan 2017, 06:13

i have SSL too.

i have to say that after my post when i said it worked, since then it doesnt work anymore! :( i've tested 3 days ago, today again and also in inkognito mode it still doesnt work.
perrada
Customer

by perrada 30 Jan 2017, 10:53

Works tech support? I buy premium version because I want support mobile, but mobile chat not work correctly....
Kerby
Customer

by Kerby 30 Jan 2017, 12:29

today once the red "new" indicator was shown right. i don't know why it sometimes works and other times not.
AMoraLopez
Customer

by AMoraLopez 06 Feb 2017, 14:47

I have the same problem, i think that is a BUG

Kerby wrote:today once the red "new" indicator was shown right. i don't know why it sometimes works and other times not.
THeringa
Customer

by THeringa 07 Feb 2017, 00:57

Same problem over here. New messages in a chatroom are not showing on mobile unless you refresh.

1-on-1 chat on mobile works without problem.

Problem is since last update of arrowchat software.
elynx
Customer

by elynx 14 Mar 2017, 23:51

THeringa wrote:Same problem over here. New messages in a chatroom are not showing on mobile unless you refresh.

SAME ISSUE HERE FOR WEEKS, SUPPORT IS JUST ABSENT.
So what ? We'll have a new version once our premium access is over ? So that we pay again ??
Jason
Customer

by Jason 17 Mar 2017, 09:46

We haven't been able to reproduce these issues on the latest version, but we hear you all and will continue testing to see what is causing the issue.
aknav143
Customer

by aknav143 30 May 2018, 03:43

THeringa wrote:Same problem over here. New messages in a chatroom are not showing on mobile unless you refresh.

Same issue here
Desktop version is working great
But mobile tab having lots of issues

For me 1-on-1 chat on mobile is not showing new messages unless you refresh
RGalvan
Customer

by RGalvan 17 Aug 2018, 11:55

perrada wrote:Works tech support? I buy premium version because I want support mobile, but mobile chat not work correctly....

Don’t know why support ignores all these complaints about mobile messages not going through. Maybe they just don’t know how to fix it.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 17 Aug 2018, 19:46

RGalvan wrote:
perrada wrote:Works tech support? I buy premium version because I want support mobile, but mobile chat not work correctly....

Don’t know why support ignores all these complaints about mobile messages not going through. Maybe they just don’t know how to fix it.

Bug reports go here: tracker.php?p=1

We fix every bug with each new version.

We have thoroughly tested mobile chat and found no issues, though. Your issues might be specific to your server, so you'll need to open a support ticket.
AKusiak
Customer

by AKusiak 13 Nov 2018, 13:28

aknav143 wrote:Same issue here
Desktop version is working great
But mobile tab having lots of issues

For me 1-on-1 chat on mobile is not showing new messages unless you refresh

I have great and speed server, business edition Arrowchat and the same issue.
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 10 Jul 2019, 21:07

In my opinion, there have been enough cases reported of the erratic message delivery failures involving the mobile interface on versions 2.1 and 2.2 to establish that the mobile functionality of ArrowChat is seriously flawed. Because of these reports (including a detailed thread about the issue from myself), I'm guessing that Jason is well aware of this flaw. The appearance is that it's a problem with the mobile portion's polling mechanism - it is simply unreliable as it stands! The other chat modes (e.g., 1 to 1 using PC to PC, chatroom using PC to mobile and PC to PC, and 1 to 1 using mobile to PC) seem to work quite nicely. Therefore, since it only affects messages received in mobile mode (i.e., messages sent *to* a mobile device), and because a significant number of users have experienced and reported the behavior, I think it's unlikely to be a server-related matter. I genuinely suspect that the problem lies in the code. It might be somewhere in the functions_receive.php file... but that's a mere stab in the dark on my part.

If Jason and his team are unable to easily fix this issue it must be a very difficult one to resolve. But I wish he would admit its presence and take it more seriously than he appears to do. The issue seems to manifest mostly on SSL sites where the site owners have not subscribed for ArrowChat's push service.

I like ArrowChat and I want it to work properly. I'll thus be watching the topics and hoping we can get Jason to respond at some point with some meaningful dialog concerning this matter. I presume he's quite busy of late working on matters of development for version 2.3.
FreeArrow
Customer

by FreeArrow 12 Apr 2022, 00:59

We have the same problem. We have tried everything to solve the problem. PC to PC is ok.
But from PC to mobile or from mobile to PC the messages are not displayed automatically.
Did you find a solution ? Did we make a mistake?
Because it makes the product completely unusable.
75% of visitors are on mobile. It's a disaster for us. We had not seen it before buying our 3 licenses.
Can you help us. It's really important to us.
Thank you in advance.
FreeArrow
Customer

by FreeArrow 12 Apr 2022, 01:08

What is reassuring is that it works perfectly on the DEMO offered by Arrowchat. How to fix this problem...?