Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
MKoronka
Customer

by MKoronka 13 Aug 2019, 00:47

As a result I can't access the chat site nor can any of my users. index.php file has the following:

// Redirect to install if the installation hasn't been completed or admin if it has
if (!file_exists("includes" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "config.php"))
{
if (file_exists("install" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "index.php"))
{
header("Location: " . "install" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
}
else
{
echo "We have detected that ArrowChat installer has not been run, but there is no install directory";
}
}
else
{
header("Location: " . "admin" . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
}

?>

The installation has been completed, the install folder and includes/config.php have been removed and my debug page shows no errors.

Any help much appreciated.

Martin
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 13 Aug 2019, 05:59

You problem is likely that you're not supposed to delete the includes/config.php file. You're only supposed to change its permissions. ArrowChat needs that file to function properly.
MKoronka
Customer

by MKoronka 13 Aug 2019, 06:14

Thanks for that. It was behaving the same way with it in place but I've uploaded it a fresh and still the same result - diverts to admin and does so using a fresh browser.
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 13 Aug 2019, 06:47

i would try a fresh reinstall. It will clean your database and start anew. That config.php file needs to be there.
MKoronka
Customer

by MKoronka 13 Aug 2019, 08:52

Okay, I've done that. still getting the same problem. Been all through the admin panel setting it up but still redirects to admin panel when I go to index.php.
zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 13 Aug 2019, 09:44

I'm guessing it may be a path problem. There are a number of separate index.php files within the arrowchat directory structure. If your browser points to the wrong one, that's the one that will load. I'm unsure what URL path you're entering that's directing you to the admin panel index.php file. If it's baseURL/arrowchat/admin/index.php then that's the one that should load in the browser tab (i.e., the admin panel page). Your ArrowChat chat bar (which should appear at the footer area of your site on each page) is supposed to load via the code strings you initially enter in your templates. So at this point, if that's not it, then I'm not entirely sure what's going on.
MKoronka
Customer

by MKoronka 15 Aug 2019, 01:08

zoxtrix
Customer

by zoxtrix 15 Aug 2019, 01:57

There is no mysite/arrowchat/admin.php ... because there is no admin.php file. The admin panel loads from mysite/arrowchat/admin/index.php

Entering mysite/arrowchat/index.php (without the /admin/ part) and being directed to the admin panel is the correct behavior. If you include the /arrowchat/index.php part in the path it's going to redirect you to mysite/arrowchat/admin/index.php ... mine does the same thing.

A properly integrated installation of ArrowChat running on a website is not accessed by including /arrowchat/ or index.php within the URL path. Instead, you simply load your website's base URL (without any reference to arrowchat) and ArrowChat's functions and services will load along with your website.