Help
Ask questions about how to do or fix things in Arrowchat
TimWilson
Free

by TimWilson 15 Nov 2023, 08:58

So the installation of version 4.1.1 into our XenForo2 forum went super smoothly, but I wonder if I'm connected to the wrong database or something. I don't see any members available for chat, even though we typically have 50-100 members online at any time, and none of the members I've spoken to can see the chat bubble at all.

As an experiment, I set the chat to be viewable by guests (which I REALLY don't want to do -- I want it to be members only), then logged out. The good news: I can see the chat bubble! The bad news: it shows one person available to chat -- ME!!! It shows me as online even though I just logged out!

I doublechecked, and no, I'm not shown in the forum's online list, and none of the dozens of people online ARE showing as available, so there's clearly no relationship between what our database sees and what ArrowChat is seeing, even though I copy-pasted the database names and such from our config file.

This is so frustrating! I know that I'm close, and if I can get it to work, I'll buy the $195 version so fast your head will spin, but I'm going to be the one maintaining it going forward, and if I can't even get it to connect properly to our database, there's no way I can justify the cost.

Very open to suggestions here! I'll leave chat available to guests if anybody wants to swing by forum ukuleleunderground com to take a look and give me any advice.

Many thanks,
Tim
Jason
Customer

by Jason 15 Nov 2023, 13:59

Just open up a support ticket with your URL and a test login. There could be permission problems, but it's hard to tell without seeing it.