Help
Suggest features for the ArrowChat software
jaero
Customer

by jaero 06 Oct 2011, 16:57

This has been requested several times before. With whispers, a new window can be popped out, but not for the chatrooms themselves, which is pretty inconvenient. I need a way to pop the chat into a new window.

Last time this was requested, you pointed people to the 1.03 changelog, which just includes a JS onclick even to open a specific chatroom, but this is NOT the same as a new window.

Alternatively, would there be a way to embed a chatroom in the body of a web page?
jaero
Customer

by jaero 14 Oct 2011, 13:12

Hello?
JMann
Customer

by JMann 18 Oct 2011, 05:35

Did you ever get the chatroom popped out? Just noticed this myself, but of a pain
jaero
Customer

by jaero 19 Oct 2011, 14:32

Nope. Waiting for an actual reply from the Arrowchat team, but I guess this does not rate.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 19 Oct 2011, 17:11

JBosman wrote:Nope. Waiting for an actual reply from the Arrowchat team, but I guess this does not rate.

I don't usually reply to suggestions unless it's something that is already being developed or already in the current software. We review all suggestions when making the next version and pick which ones would work best.
RKirner
Customer

by RKirner 25 Oct 2011, 21:48

Would love this, especially if it appeared as a tab in the existing pop out feature. My site is more based on the group chatting dynamic, with private chats coming in second.
jaero
Customer

by jaero 15 Nov 2011, 14:09

Jason wrote:I don't usually reply to suggestions unless it's something that is already being developed or already in the current software. We review all suggestions when making the next version and pick which ones would work best.

I have gotten questions from easily over 300 people on the site I use Arrowchat on about this feature. Please do not consider this just a handful of voices asking for this. It makes little sense to be able to pop out whispers and not chat rooms themselves. It would help if you would make any comment on the merit of the idea and the likelihood of its implementation, as opposed to the way you respond to suggestions.
Jason
Customer

by Jason 15 Nov 2011, 15:33

JBosman wrote:I have gotten questions from easily over 300 people on the site I use Arrowchat on about this feature. Please do not consider this just a handful of voices asking for this. It makes little sense to be able to pop out whispers and not chat rooms themselves. It would help if you would make any comment on the merit of the idea and the likelihood of its implementation, as opposed to the way you respond to suggestions.

There's a very good reason we don't comment on these things. We've broken promises in the past and it caused everyone to get upset. The most I can say is that it's a good idea.
Staff Bot
ArrowChat Team

by Staff Bot 07 Nov 2012, 12:40

This thread has been locked because the last post is greater than six months old. There is a good chance that the information in this thread is outdated. Please open a new topic if you wish to discuss this further.